Finishing My Thought

You sat down at the table Giri had ordered, yet the whole walk there you mind was clouded with the existence of Bloo. You felt the lingering touch of his hand that had slipped off your arm as you'd been pulled away by your friend. Suddenly as you registered Giri smiling at you, you snapped back, your hand resting at the shadow of Bloo's previous touch. "How do you know Bloo?" he asked you, arm resting on the table. "Oh just met him once... at a job thing" you mumbled out, eyes flickering to the table. "Oh well, funny you ran into each other here" he said, kind of trailing off, eyes analyzing your face, and you vaguely nodded before the conversation topic changed.

The rest of the evening ran pretty smoothly as you got to catch up with your friend. It wasn't until he went off somewhere to the bathroom or to do something else- to be honest you didn't quite catch what he said before he ran off, that you noticed how late it'd become. You pulled out your phone, checking it real quick before letting your eyes wander around the room, frankly trying to spot bloo. Unsuccesful, you looked back down at your phone one more time and then turned it off. Quietly vibing to the loud music in the club, you were interrupted when you felt a poke on your shoulder.

You looked back and saw none other than Daniel. "Hey.." you said, looking up at him. A smile slowly unfolded on his face, "hey" he said back, "mind if I take a seat?". You gestured for him to take it, and he sat down with one leg crossed over the other.

"I wanted to-", he spoke up but you couldn't hear him, so instead you yelled "what?!" at his face. You could see him laughing before leaning over the table, "I wanted to finish my thought from earlier."

"Oh okay", you nodded at him, mind drifting back to what he meant. "I was trying to ask, if we could start over" he said, eyes softening from the usual playfulness in them. "Well I..." you started but stopped yourself, eyes looking upwards in thought.

"I don't really know," you said, "you and Zach are friends, and I'm not really on good terms with him right now". You scrunched your face slightly as you shrugged your shoulders. "I see..." he mumbled out, leaning back in his seat.

Suddenly something came over you and you leaned closer to him, "don't get me wrong I think you're nice, and obviously very handsome", you let slip, and as Bloo caught onto your slurring words, he suddenly grinned again.

"How drunk are you right now?" he laughed out, and your face became stunned for a second, you felt the blood rushing to your cheeks. Was it that obvious, you thought to yourself. "I didn't drink too much," you almost shamefully let out as you sat back down.

As your arms was now laying on the table you felt Bloo grab a hold of your hand, and your eyes fickered between your hands and his eyes. "I think we should give it a shot at least, being friends, you know." At this moment you reached a blank, as if your senses had been overstimulated. That's when you saw Giri coming back and pulled your hand to yourself. "I'll think about it," you had trouble maintaining eye contact with him, "and text you" you added, right before your friend returned.

"You're back!" you announced happily, eyes swiftly looking at Bloo's back disappearing into the dark club before focusing all your attention on Giriboy again, with a smile.