Your Lie

PREVIOUSLY.....

River ran out the house to the forest where Logan packed her car but stopped when she heard he was on the phone and didn't want to disturb him.

She couldn't stand still, she was overwhelmed with excitement and the smile on her face was the evidence of that.

"I do love you Edward. But I was wrong about one thing." River looked at Edward sadly,"that I wouldn't love someone else as much as I loved you. I was wrong... I choose......" She said with a smile.

"You know what he would do." Logan stays quiet,"it won't be different River still loves." Silence,",I'll do whatever I can to ensure success. I won't let River  fail like Thalia did. All she needs is me like Thalia only needed was me."

"Logan." River called with a confuse and an unsettled tone

Logan quickly turned to her,"River."

"What were you talking about?"

"River. Listen to me. Let me explain."

"I'm waiting. Who's Thalia to you?"

"Thalia was....."

"Thalia was someone important to me. Someone I couldn't protect. Thalia was my...."

                              ●●●

NOW....

"It is everyone dies alone." River faintly whispered.

"Does that scare you?"

"I don't want to be alone." River quickly wiped her tear away with the sleeve of her sweater.

....

"Tell me about this dream of yours." River's therapist, Dr Laine said as she adjusted her glasses.

River looked out her windows the rain feel before she lazily turned her head to shrink. She glared at her emotionlessly,"I'm walking above water than I fall in. I'm swimming towards an island with a tree."

"Than what happens?"

"Sometimes I reach it, sometimes I don't."

"What happens when you reach it?"

"Nothing. I wait and wait but nothing happens." River said staring out the window,"I wait someone to come and rescue me. But no one comes."

"What about when you can't reach it?"

"I go under. I can breath but if I struggled to reach the surface, I fall deeper and I struggle to breath ."

The doctor writes down,"do you have any idea of what it might mean?"

"Yes. No matter what I choose I'd end up dying. A path has been set for me. Struggling against it is pointless. I will die if I go against it and run away. My fate, destiny will always find me." River explained," An island means I'm alone, nobody will come and save me. Only I can. I have to do it alone."

"Do what alone?"

River only glanced at the therapist before she stared outside without responding.

                                ●●●

DREAM....

River/Thalia holding the baby close her chest. She rocked herself back and forth silent crying along with the baby. Her sweat and tears rolled down her face. She kissed the baby's forehead,"its just you and me." Slick blood ran down between her legs.

                                    ●●●

"Logan, who is she?" River demanded when Logan didn't answer.