Back To Me

As Thalia's eyes began to lose light, Edward tried to hold on to her,"you said you will bring her back. Bring River back."

Thalia was struggling to breath,"I...can't...too....weak." She said barely keeping her eyes open.

"No, you have to bring her back." Edward demanded.

"Edward." Esme said.

Thalia took one, two and her last breath.

"No, Thalia you promised. You promised to bring her back to me." Edward said shaking the lifeless body.

Once he realized he couldn't hear her heart beating, the warmth slowly leaving her body.

Edward held on tightly to River's body, embracing her. Refusing to believe she had really left him.

"This is our chance, without the girl we can kill them." Caius said.

"Try that. My bite will inject poison that can kill you in very painful, very slowly death." Katherine threatened.

"Magnificent but " Aro said before he left and the other followed him.

Katherine dropped to her knees and placed her hand on Edward's shoulder, while the other hand was resting River's hand,"Edward. We need to take her away."

"No, she's not die." Edward said holding her close.

"Stop it." Katherine said pushing him away,"stop. Don't you think I feel the same? She's my daughter."

"You abandoned her. I was there, way before you. I held her when her mother didn't. I gave everything you couldn't."

Katherine slapped Edward across his face making it Crack a few times,"you're right. When she was in womb I didn't want her. It's my biggest regret not loving her from the start. But after she was born, I swore to do anything and everything in my power to protect her. That's my reason, what's yours. Another woman her sister."

"I already to you, I regret that decision. I should have cherished her more. Shes my reason of existing. If she's gone..." Edward closed his eyes before he pulled her back into his arms,"just for a while. I'll bring her back. Just let me be with her." He said with venomous tears that could never fall.

Katherine and Carlisle looked at each other and nodded to each other.

"It truly was a sad ending after all." Alistair said,"she end up dying anyway."

Zafrina, Senna, everyone else from the Amazon, every coven, every pack left to the Cullen residence.

"I'm is here, River. Open your eyes. Why won't you open your eyes?" He asked calmly. He sighed,"I remembering the first time you came into our lives. I didn't want to hold you back then but when I did I didn't want to put you down. Just like I'm doing right now. When you were in arms, you were calm, I thought for once in my life I was doing something right. But you were right all along. You gave me a reason to live, to love, to hope, to be happy. And I took that for granted. I should have held you closer, loved you harder and longer, made you the happiest woman to ever live just as you've made me. You think I'm going to let you go that easily, you have to come back so I can do that. Ah? Come back okay? Give me a chance and I will never betray you again. I'll die before that happens. " Edward held, embraced her closer,"I love you."

River didn't respond, she just slept there peacefully in silence.

Edward let out a painful manly wailing in grief,"come back, River. Come back to me."

●●●●

"Thalia." River called as she looked around,"Send me back, Thalia." River begged but no one was there to hear her. In complete darkeness she could listen to Edward's broken wails.

It broke River's heart as she wanted nothing more than to go back but she chose this path. She knew it would end her life.

"Not so brave now , huh?" Thalia asked kneeling in front of her.

River chuckled as she wiped her tears,"I just didn't even get to say goodbye to them."

Thalia looked at her,"you won't have to. I promised I wasn't going to let you end up dying like I did."

"Beep." River's heartbeat.

"You still have unfinished business. You still have to love and be loved. People to forgive."

River started to disappear,"will I ever see you again?"

"I'm apart of you, River." Thalia said smiling,"remember live and love freely. Don't weigh your heart with heavy grudges." Thalia said placing her hand on River's chest heart,"Just like you use too."

River nodded with tears in her eyes,"I will."

"Take care." Thalia said before she disappeared completely.

River came back to something cold embracing her but she knew that familiar touch. It shifted left and right, up and down. That's when she knew the person carrying was walking.

"I remember when you said you're favourite season was winter. Cause we kissed for the first time under the falling snow. You said the cold gave you comfort, it felt like my embrace." Edward said with a soft short chuckle but his eyes became dim and sad again.

"It would have been better if you shred a tear or two." River said smiling.

Edward stopped in his tracks, never shifting his eyes from the front, never looking down, afraid he might be hearing things.

"Regreting your words so soon. Look at me Edward. " River demanded in her weak voice.

Edward hesitantly looked down,"River."

River smiled"I won't die that easily." River said with a smile.

Edward immediately embraced, holding her closer as if might disappear.

River groaned in pain.

"Sorry." Edward said before he chuckled.

River cupped his face in her hands and looked into his eyes,"betray me again. I'll kill you myself."

Edward smiled with an unrelaxed frown as if she will slip away and hugged her once more.

●●●●

"She's been sleeping for too long." Edward said worrying as he watched her sleep comfortably on her bed.

"She lost a lot of blood, her heart and breathing stopped. She needs to rest to regain her energy." Carlisle said squeezing his shoulder,"Let's just be glad her heart is beating again and she's alive." He said most grateful.

The thought of losing River and never be able to see her again was agony, torture on his soul, heart and mind.

One by one everyone came into River's room to keep her company and ensure themselves she was actually alive.

"Why are you sleeping so much? When are you going open your eyes and look at me again? When will I be able to see your beautiful eyes? Don't you think you've made me wait long enough?" Edward asked before he began fixing her pillow and pulling her covers.

"Compared to how long I've waited for you. This is nothing."

Edward smirk as he watched her closed eyes and smiling lips,"you're wrong ma'am? I've waited my whole life for you." He said inching closer to her lips.

River snapped her eyes open and wrapped her arms around Edward's neck pulling closer,"Oh yeah. Than you need a reward. Your waiting has finally ended." She said looking into his golden eyes before kissed him passionately, as if two lovers long been separated and now they found each other.

Edward smiled into the kiss before pulling her closer.

River squiggles and giggled at the sudden show of affection.

Edward already promised her and himself that he wasn't going to hold back this time. He was going to be shy about his love. He going to show her and everyone how much she meant to him.

                        •○●The End●○•