Chapter 5

HARRY'S POV

"Niall, I have to tell you something."

"Isn't she wonderful? Did you see her smile. Wow. I think im in love."

"Yeah, I was going to tell you that im really happy you've found someone you actually like." I said, forcing a smile.

I wasn't going to hurt him.

"Thanks, mate. We are going to go to dinner later tonight."

"Sounds fun." I said, trying to hide my feelings.

"Yeah! Im really excited and nervous. Am I supposed to feel this way?"

"You sound in love, Niall."

"I knew it!" he laughed. "I just had a great idea! Why don't you come with us Harry? You can be her sister's date."

I really didn't want to watch Niall be with the girl I fancy, but I haven't been out in a while, so why not?

"Sure. Where are we going?"

"Maggianos. Dress fancy."
**
FAITH'S POV

"Wow, you look gorgeous Claire!" She really did, she was wearing a black dress with black heels, I wonder if she really liked Niall.

"Thank you. I try." she winked.

"What should I wear?"

"Whatever floats your boat."

I picked out a black skater skirt and a blue shirt I got from Forever 21.

"Are you trying to steal my chance with Niall or something?" my sister joked.

"Something like that." I laughed.
**
HARRY'S POV

We got to Maggianos and we were waiting for the girls. I was wearing a black shirt with black jeans and some old boots I always wear. On the other hand, Niall was wearing this suit that made him look like he was going to a wedding. I wasn't that fancy.

They walked in and the first thing I saw was Claire's beautiful, curly hair toppling down her back. She had a stunning black dress, that had a really cool design on the back. I was impressed.

"Hey... Uh.. Harry?" Claire called for me. I woke up from my daydream.

"Sorry..erm..you look..really..." I stumbled for words at her presence.

"Beautiful." I finished my sentence.

"Thank you, Harry." She gleamed, then turned to look at Niall.

"You look pretty." I told Faith, as she blushed.

"Thanks."

We sat down and it was pretty awkward. We just talked about the usual things you talk about when you have nothing to talk about. School, jobs, hobbies and then came childhood.

"How was your childhood, Claire?" Niall brought up.

I looked into her eyes, and she was on the verge of tears.

"Claire?" I swallowed.

She dashed out of the restaurant, and I caught myself stumbling after her.

"I'll talk to her, Niall stay here." I said.

I ran out after her and saw her on the steps of the restaurant pathway. She looked up at me and her eyes were swollen.

"What's wrong Claire?" I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"Nothing.. Im sorry. You wouldn't understand."

She was so beautiful, even when she cried. How can someone be so lovely?
"Yes I will baby, just tell me what's wrong." I spoke as I reached and grabbed her hand.

Did I just say baby?! What is wrong with me. I hope she didn't notice.

"Im just..uhm. really confused right now." she said with a shaky voice.
She definitely noticed. I hope I didn't scare her.
I look down to where my hand is, on top of hers and see scars all over her wrist and arm.

"What, What is this Claire?"

"I... nothing."

"Claire." I persisted.

"Why would you care?"
**
CLAIRE'S POV

"I care about you Claire. I really do. I tried to hide my feelings, because Niall likes you but when you walked in with that black dress, I knew I couldn't stand it. Claire, you are so beautiful. If you did this to yourself....you shouldn't have....I don't understand.." He stammers for words.

Meanwhile, butterflies are dancing around my stomach at each word he says. Do I actually have feelings for him? I thought I liked Niall, that's the only reason I broke up with Conner, but im at a loss for words.

I'm truly confused.

He stared at me with his green eyes and that is when I start to see all of his admirable features. His loose curls, his dimples, his tall figure, his... well everything. This guy, not just any guy, Harry Styles was telling me I was beautiful.

I thought about what my next action would be but before I could, he took matters into his own hands.

He grabbed the tip of my chin and lifted my face up. He caressed my cheek and finally pressed his lips toward mine. He kissed me hungrily, and I had never felt more secure. I grabbed his curls and he grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me closer. We stopped for quick breaths, and then continued kissing.

"Claire..." "I, I can't do this." He said inbetween breaths. I went back for more and he continued to kiss me, it was a sensation I had never felt before.

The restaurant door opened and Niall was standing above us.