Chapter Three

Harry's POV

It feels like we've been walking for days when only its been like two hours. Jesus why does walking suck?

"We should be close, just turn left at this corner and walk down the dirt road." Niall says.

We nod and turn the corner to see a long dirt road. If you squint you can see a big house, kinda like a mansion but not quite.

"Don't you guys think this is a little too close to a town? Zombies would know where you are in a heartbeat." Kenzie says as she looks at the road.

Niall shrugs.

"They haven't tried yet. Plus I think we'd be good if they tried to come close to any of us." He says.

"What makes you so sure?" I ask.

He looks over to me.

"There are 7 of us. We've got good weapons and smart people in our group." He says.

"Just because you have good weapons and smart people won't make the zombies not come near you. Remember they do have feelings, they're not all idiots." I say.

"I know." He says, " But they haven't tried so maybe we're quiet enough that they don't hear us."

I nod and walk a bit faster. I can't wait to get out of the open. It's not good to be out here for long. We finally make it to the house.

"Hello!" Niall shouts.

We shush him quickly.

"You idiot! Don't just shout out here!" I snap.

Suddenly a door opened.

"Who's there?" Someone shouts.

I turn and see a man with a dark quiff holding a gun.

"It's alright Zayn, they helped me." Niall shouts back. Would they stop fucking shouting already?

"Niall!" Someone else shouts and runs out of the door. It's a girl, she has long blonde hair and she's pretty skinny.

"Joanna!" He shouts back with a wide smile. They must be close. They hug each other tightly.

"Where did you run off to Niall? We were all worried sick!" Joanna says.

"Well when Liam heard a noise and went to go check it out I kinda wandered off and ran into another group. They stabbed my thigh and these two helped me." He says and points over to us.

She looks our way and stops when she sees Kenzie. I look at Kenzie and see her staring right back at her. Oh lord I swear if she even thinks about liking her..

"Hi I'm Joanna." She says as she walks over to us with a smile.

"I'm Kenzie." Kenzie says and shakes her hand.

Kenzie nudges me when I don't say anything.

"I'm Harry." I mutter.

She just nods and turns around to head back into the house.

"Are you guys hungry? I just got done fixing some chili." She says.

We nod quickly, we haven't eaten since this morning. We all walk up to the house but I pull Kenzie back.

"You know we can't stay here long right?" I say.

She rolls her eyes.

"Maybe they could help us. Think about it Harry, we weren't going to survive with just the two of us." She says.

"We were doing just fine without them and we don't need them." I say sharply.

She just groans and walks into the house. I know she likes it here but we can't stay. Like I said you can't trust anyone during a time like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry it's been a while I've been busy. hope you like this chapter :)