Chapter One

Do you ever wonder how a zombie apocalypse could happen? How it would start and why? Well I can tell you how and why.
About 2 years ago, scientists were trying to find a cure for cancer. They eventually found one, but it turned out to be deadly. So deadly that the dead came back.

Now I can sit here and tell you how everything is now, but I'm not going to do that. Everything is shit, that's all I'm saying. Barely anyone is alive and it sucks. I'm surprised that I am even still alive.

The dead is very deadly, more than what you see in zombie movies. I bet you're wondering, how could they be more deadly? Well, when the so called "cure" for cancer was injected into the human cells it killed all of the cells and infected them with some type of germ that nobody knows the name of.

There aren't any scientist left to find out if there's a cure. They're all dead, just like the rest of the human population. You'll be lucky if you see survivors out and around towns. Usually they're not alone, about five to a group. But depending on who they have is how you can judge them. If anyone in their group doesn't have a gun or a blade and uses a little witty knife, you already know they're a weak one. Mostly guys in the group have guns. The girls have blades sharper than an average kitchen knife.

There are mostly no children. Sad to say it but children will not survive. I feel bad for anyone who is pregnant or has a child with them during this mess. But I doubt there is. Sometimes you see couples out together and other times you see them alone. Meaning they lost or left their partner, which is never good. My advice is to have someone close to you at all times to protect you. Being alone is not good, never was and never will.

I would know, hell I'm gay. The closest person I have? My best friend, Kenzie is with me. I love her, but not like a couple would. We keep it each other safe. Kenzie is also gay so we don't have a chance together anyways. I'm perfectly capable of being alone though. I always was and it never bothered me. There is no time for love and romance during a time like this. It would just end up in a heartbreak, so what's the point?

I'll tell you a little bit about the zombies because I have a little more time. The zombies or walkers as some people call them are different. They have feelings. Crazy right? Well I guess some of them don't want to be zombies and just leave the humans alone. Which in end for them, they rot and die out. Sad for them but there are others who are just ruthless. They take their anger out by human flesh. Obviously they have to eat that because zombies are attracted to flesh. But no, these ones are not just attracted to it, they need it. It makes their pain go away. Like people who self harm? This is what zombies do, they take the heart out of the human and devour it. Only to make them feel better.

Now I bet your wondering how I've survived long enough to know all this.. Well I for one don't run around like some idiots trying to find shelter or food. I stay hidden, I'm quiet, and I don't spend too much time in one place. Kenzie is pretty smart too. She mostly grabs food while I search for weapons and such. We come and go, we don't waste time and we certainly aren't stupid enough to not check our surroundings.

"Harry, are you ready to go?" Kenzie asks as she opens the door.

I set my journal down on the nightstand by my small bed.

"Yeah. Let's go." I say and we make our way out into the morning sun.

I'm Harry Styles and this is my journey through The Outburst.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~