Chapter Two

Harry's POV

While Kenzie and I hunt stores for food we hear this groaning, and not a good one.

"Do you think it's one of them?" Kenzie asks.

"Maybe, wanna go check it out?" I ask.

She nods and we pick up our bags and make our way to the entrance of the store. We
follow the groan and we make our way into an alley. I squint and see a figure laying up against the wall. We get closer and I can see its a boy with blonde hair. He's very skinny and pale. He looks up once he notices our presence.

He looks at us and weakly smiles,

"Help me please.." He says in a low voice and points towards his leg.

I look down and see a huge gash on the side of his thigh. Not a bite from any of the zombies.

"Shit." I say quietly.

Kenzie quickly walks over to inspect the gash.

"How did this happen?" She demands.

"I ran into another group, not to far from here. They didn't like that I was wondering around, thought I was trying to steal or something. So one guy quickly put his blade into my thigh and they ran off." He said.

Kenzie looks at me with worried eyes.

"We have to do something." She says.

"We? Why? It's not our fault he got bladed." I say. We don't have time for this.

"Harry." She says sharply.

I groan and walk over to inspect the cut.

"It's deep but it can heal.." I mumble to myself.

The boy smiles wider now.

"Thank god, my group would definitely get rid of me if it didn't." He says with relief.

Mine and Kenzie's heads snap up.

"Your group..?" Kenzie questions.

He nods his head.

"Yeah. It was my turn to go get food for the group and then I ended up here." He says.

"Why did you come alone?" I ask.

"I didn't. I had my friend Liam with me but he suddenly wandered off when he heard a noise." He says.

Why would he leave his partner behind? I shake my head and stand up.

"We need to find your group, do you have any idea where they are?" I ask.

He smiles and nods,

"Yeah of course, our base shouldn't be too far from here." He says.

Kenzie nods and begins to take out a bandage and wrap it around his thigh.

He hisses gently,

"Damn this hurts." He mutters.

"What's your name?" Kenzie asks.

"Niall, Niall Horan." He smiles.

"I'm Kenzie and this is Harry." She nods in my direction.

I wave and look near the entrance of the alley just to be safe.

After a few more minutes Kenzie is done and we help him stand up.

"You positive you that you know the way?" I ask Niall.

"Yep! We've been staying at the same place for a while now, not hard to forget the way." He says.

I only nod and turn back to face the open road. I sigh to myself and hope nothing will go wrong.

Although I know something will..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

updates are kinda slow but I hope you like this chapter! :)