Chapter Three

"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤."

𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚜.

"Jasper. Your ride is here." Natalie tells me as I change my bandages.
I continue to put on my suit and tie with all the gadgets and weapons underneath the jacket.
"Good luck, Jazzy! You'll do amazing!" Enid cheers me on, yanking my head down to her level and messing with the little clouds on the top of my head.
"Enid! Don't mess up my hair! I need to look professional for Mr.Agreste!" I complain.
"Whatever you say, Jasper."
I quickly ran up to the limbo. Mr.Agreste seemed to be accompanied by a female. As a look into the windows, it seems he's speaking to her, but he's doing so in a threatening manner. Grabbing her and pulling on her arms and hair. He sees me and immediately stops, muttering one last thing to the woman before facing forward. The door opens for me and I enter the vehicle silently.
"Jasper Vindolo. Please, make yourself at home."
I straighten my tie, and as I turn my head to look at the lady next to him, I had never seen a prettier sight.
She sat up straight, looking up at the other side of the car. the window across from us would rather be ice cold, her stare could make glaciers appear and more.
The clothes she had on were rather suggestive. But she fit them so well. Her chest was in view, but it was enough to look elegant. She had a long skirt, but one of her legs was exposed, topped off with such glorious heels. They were shiny and silver, like her outfit. Pearls hung off of her chest and ears, with a choker around her neck like a diamond dripping with gold. And finally, she sat with her legs crossed, hands folded, with a curly bang drooping over her left eye. She was practically a princess. I couldn't help but stare, everything about her, from her head to her toes was utterly gorgeous.
"Take a picture, hun, it'll last longer." She says in a New York accent, still staring at the window in front of her.
Agreste glares at her, his stare even more scary than her. Her lips begin to quiver a little, and she balls one of her hands into a fist. He sighs and takes out a remote. Her head turns and I could tell she's concerned.
"Apologize." He says through his teeth.
"But-"
He presses a button and she yelps with a whimper.
"S-Stop...!"
He presses the button again and she takes a breath of relief.
"Apologize."
"I'm sorry, Vindolo, I didn't mean to say anything to offend you."
My eyes dart and I'm sent back into reality.
"Oh- it's fine...! I was the one staring after all." I stammer, scratching the back of my head.
"Mmm. A soft one I see." She mutters.
"Eh?-"
"As stated before, it's a pleasure to have you as our bodyguard for the evening. You will always stay by me and Angela's side. If either of us are missing, you stay with one and find the other. We will be going to one of the most famous and expensive theaters in New York. Don't make a fool of yourselves." Agreste looks into my eyes and orders.
"Uh- yes, Mr.Agreste!" I say quickly, sitting up straight.
As he nods, we arrive at the theater with flashes of lights and the screams of fans from all directions.
"Well, go on. Get rid of em', lad." Agreste says.
I quickly open the car door and step outside into the cool air, fangirls and fanboys crowding over me. I moved my hands in a way so that they could spread out and give more space for them to come out the car. Agreste comes out of the car and straightens his tie, then opens the door for his lady and holds her dainty hand as she stands. He leans into her ear and whispers, in which her expression breaks from emotionless to worryful. She finally starts walking behind me, her expression back to emotionless.
"You got a problem, bug-eyes?" She says, knowing Agreste can't hear her from the crowd's cheering.
"Keep going."
Her words send shivers down my spine. I lead them into the theater finally, and close the door behind us.
"Angel, do you have your silks?" Agreste asked.
"I think I left them here from last time we had rehearsal, sir." She answers quickly.
"Jasper. Go fetch her silks from backstage." He orders.
"Yes, Sir!" I say, then quickly go off to the stage, and into a little door in the side.
One of the dressing rooms has a duffel bag. It says "Angie" on the front in white. I open it, hoping to find her silks, but instead, find a few other things. My eyes widen at the sight, gritting my teeth. A belt... that doesn't seem too bad, right?
"𝑌𝑂𝑈 𝐶𝑂𝑈𝐿𝐷 𝑁𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑅 𝐷𝑂 𝐴𝑁𝑌𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝑅𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇!"
A... whip...
"𝑚𝑎𝑦𝑏𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑛 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎 𝑙𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑜𝑛."
Ropes...
"𝑾𝒂𝒊𝒕! 𝒏-𝒏𝒐! 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆!"
And chains.
"𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓! 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏! 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏!"
He doesn't... right...?
"𝑨𝑨𝑮𝑯!"
"JASPER!"
I quickly put the materials back with a gasp. Angel comes up and snatches her bag from my hands.
As she drags the bag away, she stands over me while I'm on my back, scrambling away while she advances onto me.
"Never touch this bag again, alright!? You fuckin' nosey ass, trifling ass, no-good son of a-"
"Such foul language from an Angel." Agreste's voice echoes through the room.
Angel's eyes seem to pop out of her skull, fear striking her like lightning.
"This conversation will continue later on. The house is about to open. Get your silks and get going." He says.
Angel remains frozen. It seems as if she's dead, her eyes sealed open with fear. Agreste sighs with frustration and grabs her arm, yanking her over to him and squeezing her tight.
"Get your fucking silks and let's go, Angel." He says through his teeth.
"Yes, sir...!" She says, then grabs her silks from her bag and leaves in a sprint.
I gulp, slowly standing.
"You." He says, pointing at me.
I feel chills go down my spine and surge through my muscles.
"Go to your seat by me. If you mention anything that happened here, there will be serious consequences." He glares at me.
"Yes, sir!" I agree, then do a speed-walk out of the room, holding in my fear, and avoiding eye contact.
I go upstairs to the actual stage to see Angel on the side, working on her makeup. Before she could see me, I sprinted to my seat, sitting down with a sigh of relief. The crowd murmurs and mutters, gossiping and snickering. Agreste walks up to the center of the stage, his maniacal look completely gone. The Theater goes completely silent, enough to hear a pin drop.
"Good evening, people! I am Atlas Agreste. As you may know, my wonderful... lady... and secretary, Angela, will be putting on a small performance. Now, I won't be taking any more of your time, so please, hold your applause and save it for Angela!"
The crowd immediately begins to cheer and applaud as Agreste steps off the stage, heading towards me. The lights go out.
"Angela's one of my best dancers. You'll like this for sure." Agreste tells me.
I jump in fright from his voice , then laugh it off, trying not to seem suspicious.
The lights slowly came back on, and there stood Angela next to a silk that hung off of the roof of the stage. As she split the silk into two, she wrapped them around her arms and the song "feeling good" by Micheal Bublé came on.
"It took a long time to get her to be this good. When she started out, she was probably the worst of the dancers I had. But with a little guidance, and discipline... she turned out to be the best." Agreste smirked as she began to climb up the silks and wrap her legs around them.
Did I hear that correctly?
"Sir, did I just hear you say... discipline?"
"Well, you saw the bag she had, correct?"
My heart dropped into my stomach.
She began to spin down the silk, her stomach wrapped in it, and I swear to you that the world began to slow down again. The side bang that once covered her eye had lifted, revealing a bruise around her eye.
I got sick to my stomach, and squeezed my tie in disgust.
"Y-You don't..."
"I do. And look at how well she glides down that silk."
Time is set back in motion. Angela continues to spin, then sits up and touches her toes, her feet in the air so that she spins even faster.
"Vindolo? Ugh, don't tell me you actually care. Everything that is done to her is well deserved. Plus, that bruise won't last long. Her skin has learned to heal quite quickly." He adds on.
Every word that came out of his mouth made me more disgusted and more enraged.
"Vindolo. Answer me!"
The nerve of him to place his hands on a woman like her.
"Jasper."
"What!?" I exclaimed, jerking my head to the side to look at him.
"Jeez. If I hadn't known you, I'd assume you're a girl." He said.
Those words echoed in my head and bounced off of the walls like a bullet in a metal room. My eyes widened as my eyebrows scrunched up, flaring.
"Excuse me?" I say through my teeth.
I began to clutch the arm rest of my chair, holding back tears.
"You heard-... oh. I see what's going on." He said, his eyes tracing the outline of my body from head to toe.
"You act like a girl because you are one." He said as his eyes slanted, crossing his arms.
"I'm... im n-"
"Yes. You are."
My expression loosened to a look of disbelief and horror. He knew. And there was no convincing him otherwise.
"So what if I am, Agreste, that doesn't make me any less of a man." I say, raising an eyebrow.
"Oh, but aren't those the main qualities that make a man?" He asked, carrying his head with one of his hands, and putting on a maniacal smile.
He towered me, his eyes twitching in an inhumane manner.
"A flat chest." He says as he pokes my peck, which hurt pretty badly. I held my chest with a grunt.
"And a little something below the waist?" He says, tracing my stomach with the tip of his finger.
I slap his hand off of me as he giggled.
"S...Stop it...!"
"Why? Are you embarrassed?" He drops his smile, and replaces it with an annoyed expression.
"No. I'm frustrated."
"Yet deep down inside, you're insecure and afraid. Afraid that everyone will know your dirty little secret. Why don't you just admit it?
You're a 𝕤𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕, 𝕨𝕖𝕒𝕜, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝." He says in my ear.
Angela suddenly stops dancing, balled up with her knees to her chest, hanging off the silk.
Agreste growls as his hands ball up into fists.
"Agreste, wait!"

Author's note: Testing is a bitch 😀
Had to test all week this week and uhh..
Yeah, I'm pretty tired.
Also been feeling really depressed lately over stupid stuff. But that's irrelevant. Hitting y'all with another episode. I don't think I've looked over this chapter, so if anything seems o f f, just don't mind it, because I'm lazy and could give less of a flying fuck 🤩
Anyways, I'm gonna go contemplate life choices and cry for a few hours. Buh bye