Return to Me

I slowly walked out into the grass field, the summer breeze brushing through my long hair and my white dress swaying behind me. The air was warm, but I felt cold.

Every day I stood here, waiting patiently for my love to return to my arms. I waited and waited for so many years, and yet he still never returned. The last time I saw him was right here in this beautiful field, where I would be able to see him perfectly against the vast green lands.

A small tear fell down my cheek as I thought of him; the way the sun sparkled in his eyes and his smile lit up the entire world; I missed it dearly. All the sweet memories and his sweet thiccness  tortured me day and night to the point where I couldn't even sleep.

I clutched my hands near my aching heart as it beat longingly for him to come back. I still remember that day where he left me so vividly: the sun was setting, the wind was howling, and I was staring straight into Barney's deep eyes. He smiled softly, gently pushing away my tears with his large purple hands. I grabbed onto his arm desperately as he inched away from me.

"Don't go," I sobbed. I saw Barney's eyes were also filled with tears, but he still kept on smiling. His gaze was filled with hope.

 "I will return to you," he said. "Right in this spot, you just have to wait for me everyday." I couldn't form words in my sorrow. He pulled me closer to him and I leaned on his warm chest, hearing his beating heart synching with mines. "I will wait for you," I whispered, sniffling. "I will wait for you no matter how many years it takes." I hugged him for one last time, and then he walked away from me. As I watched him begin to turn smaller as he walked into the horizon, I reminded myself that he was doing a good deed. Our King needed every soldier he could get for the war, and Barney was willing to risk his life to protect our kingdom. It made me fall in love with him even more. His bravery, his honor, his fierceness, I adored those parts of him and yet because of them he was being taken away from me.

"I love you," I whispered softly, tears streaming down my face like a waterfall. I fell onto my knees, and swore an oath. "I will wait for you no matter how long it takes." 

I let go my clenched hands as I stared out into the horizon with the sun setting. 4 years later and yet he still never came back. I sighed in despair, gently sitting on my knees again. "When will you return to me?" I wailed. But then, to my shock, I saw a small dot at the horizon. It was slowly getting bigger, and I cried out in joy. My eyes widened, my heart beat fast, and I leaped onto my feet and ran to Barney like there was no tomorrow.

When Barney noticed me he gasped with joy, running towards me with a wide grin on his face. I collapsed into his arms, hugging him tightly as if the wind was going to blow him away. He then lifted me off my feet and swung me around in circles as our laughs echoed throughout the field. Barney's laughter was like honey to my ears.

The wind stilled as he put me down and we looked deeply into each other's eyes. Barney's eyes were like deep pools of galaxies and stars, I could just fall into them forever.

"You were gone for so long," I whispered. "I couldn't sleep without thinking of you every night, and I came to this field every day, hoping that you would return to me soon. I missed you so much."

Barney cupped my face with his giant hands. "I missed you too." he said.

We leaned in slowly and kissed as the sun set and revealed the stars above. Barney hugged me tightly around my waist as I ringed my arms around his thicc neck. 

When it became night we walked back to our house together, holding hands. We then got married and had beautiful dinosaur human children! The end!!!