Chapter 8 Decisions

Yeon Woo quickly understood that he couldn't go against his fate and that fighting wasn't the right option, if king Jinheung couldn't overcome it, how was he, an innocent guy, supposed to fight and win? That's why he silently went back to his room and started reading those forbidden books with the light of a candle.

Ha Neul couldn't sleep, she was still thinking about Yoo Han, he was so kind, he could be a perfect husband... but Yeon Woo was just on her path. What was her cousin about to do? Why was there the light of a candle coming from his room? What was he planning?

The following day, Yoo Han, Ha Neul and her mother were in the garden, enjoying a few moments together. Yeon Woo walked to them, as he noticed him, Yoo Han covered his face with the cloth he received the day before.

"Good morning... I want to give an announcement..." Yeon Woo started. Yi Rang and her daughter looked up at him concerned.

"As our two families already decided... Ha Neul and Yoo Han will get married. I hope you're getting along with your fiance... my dear cousin..." Yeon Woo said and turned to leave.

Ha Neul felt a rush of happiness in her body. She smiled and looked at her soon to be husband, Ha Neul caressed his hand but as he turned to see her, his eyes looked empty, emotionless... she turned to her mother and she looked the same way.

She had to do something. She ran to her cousin's room, she opened the door violently and entered, Yeon Woo looked at her shocked. She walked to him, she looked so angry that it seemed she was about to punch him.

"Ha Neul?"

"Why! Why are you doing this to me? You're ruining everything... why does it look like I'm the only one in this family excited for this wedding!?" she yelled.

"Ha Neul... please..."

"Should I have a miserable life just because you want to have a secret boyfriend? Am I just a tool in your cruel plan!?"

"Sir, we are ready with your luggage, whenever you want we're ready to leave for Jemulpo" a servant said passing by Yeon Woo's room.

"Thank you... I'll be ready in a few minutes..." Yeon Woo said sobbing.

"What? Jemulpo? Are you leaving? What does this mean?" Ha Neul asked perplexed.

"I'm going to the port... I will take a ship and go to Jeju... I have a few... things to do there... I asked the king to give me this job... you will have your happy life" Yeon Woo said as he stood up, he kissed his cousin's forehead and left the room.

Yoo Han managed to reach him in the courtyard, he ran to him and stopped Yeon Woo before he could leave the house.

"Where are you going?" Yoo Han asked

"It is none of your business... go to Ha Neul and call whoever you want to help you with the ceremony" Yeon Woo replied with an almost irritated tone.

"Yeon Woo... what..."

"I'm busy... let me go..." Yeon Woo said as he felt tears falling from his eyes.

"No" Yoo Han whispered as he hugged him tight. Ha Neul saw them, she heard their conversation and thought about her actions. Was he trying to make her feel guilty? No... Yeon Woo was too innocent for such a cruel idea.. he decided to suffer just to give her a happy life...

"Please... please Yoo Han... let me go..." Yeon Woo said crying. Yi Ran arrived too, she noticed that her daughter was looking at them so she hugged her tight too.

"I'm selfish... right mom?"