It Was Him All Along (Alucard x Fem!Reader)

YO SO I SAW THIS IN ANOTHER FIC AND ITS REALLY COOL
so basically this is a soulmate au and everybody has a black part of them that will burst into color when their soulmate touches it at a certain time
So if you have a black patch on your face, it'll burst into color when your soulmate touches it. Make sense? Yes? Okay now to the chapter ❤
Also dedicated to Kittencomics bc they r hot and swag 😭❤
--------------------------------------------

You walk down the halls, staring down at your hand and thinking. Your entire palm and the underside of your fingers were black. You knew you had to touch somebody to be their soulmate, but nobody at your highschool had a handprint mark on them. All your life, you had wondered who your soulmate was. At this point you had just given up.

"Are you alright? [Y/N]?" The voice of your dearest friend snapped you out of your trance. Alucard, the telekenetic grape, has in fact been your best friend since 5th grade. "You've been staring at the floor for like 5 minutes."

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine." You smiled at him. You weren't fine. You gave up on having feelings for people.

"You seem off, come talk to me at lunch period." Alucard said, adjusting his glasses. "I'm gonna help you, if you like it or not."

"Alright, hot shot." You giggled at him, seeing him smile before he waved to you, walking to his first class. You sighed, walking into your own class.

At lunch period...

You sat outside on a bench, still within school perimeters. You smiled slightly when you saw your telekenetic friend running up to you.

"Hey! I got us both off campus lunch passesm." Alucard smiles widely, seemingly very proud of himself. You found this adorable, snatching one of the passes.

"So where are we going?" You ask, giving a small smile.

"I thought I could take you to that cafe around the block." He spoke quietly with a shy smile, pressing his index fingers together subtly.

"Alright, you lead the way, good sir." You giggle and bow, letting him walk ahead before skittering after him.

"So, have you wondered who your soulmate is?" You ask him. "I've never met anybody with a handprint mark."

"Yeah, so, about that..." Alucard cleared his throat quietly. "I don't really have a mark."

You stopped walking. Did he just... Not have a soulmate? No, everybody does. But you can't be so sure. It's never happened before.

"You don't have a soulmate?..." You asked sympathetically, feeling a bit bad for giving up when he didn't have a soulmate at all.

"I guess not." The boy sighed, smiling sadly. "I hope you find yours, though."

"I'm sure you'll find somebody who loves you." You smiled at him. You had to admit, his smile made your heart flutter, but you couldn't really tell if you liked somebody because you fall for everybody who's nice to you. (I'm looking at literally all of you.)

"I doubt that..." He quietly, and sadly, looked away. You felt bad for the boy, you liked him a lot. You hated seeing him upset.

"Hey, don't look so depressed." You reached up to his fluffy hair, patting it gently. "You still have m-" You cut yourself off.

His hair.

The tips were purple now.

You look down at your hand, which was now a bright [f/c] color.

His hair was black.

His hair was black.

"Alucard?-" You looked at him, your heart beginning to beat rapidly. "L-... Look in that window."

The boy stopped, staring at you for a moment. Then, he turned to look at his reflection in the next building's window. His expression quickly changed when he saw the purple tips of his hair.

"You-..?" He quickly turned to you, grabbing your hand in disbelief. "I-.. I thought I didn't have a mark?"

"Alucard, you didn't not have a mark." You laugh quietly. "It was your hair the whole time."

"So... You're my soulmate?" He nervously squeaked. "You're... You're too perfect to be my soulmate. I-..." He looked shocked, but also happy.

"Me? Perfect?" You were taken aback. In no way were you perfect.

"You're so pretty, and smart, and funny, and..." He paused. "And I don't deserve you."

You stared at him, almost breaking into tears. All the good things you thought you weren't, he thought you were.

"I..." You tried speaking, but you were at a loss for words.

Alucard stood closer in front of you, grabbing your hands gingerly. "I hope that such a great person like you will give me a chance." He smiled, making you smile and giggle also.

"Of course I will, Al."
----------------------------------

GOD I LOVE HIM SO MUCH PLEASE
HE'S MY LIL BABY BOYYRJRJJYYJ

anyway ignore me simping
Hope you enjoyed Alucard being a sweetheart for over 700 words
-Dogz? 😳

(816 words)