xxiii. DISCONNECT FROM THE PAST

***

"You'll be okay."

After a day or so, Aizawa and All Might stopped by Moto's house. At first, she thought she was in trouble, but it turned out that they were trying to see if her guardians would approve U.A's newest movement which was moving the students into dorms at school.

"Oh, I don't live with anyone," Moto responded as she offered them a drink. "I live by myself. My mother is wanting to gain guardianship of me again, but I refuse to contact her."

"You have to live with someone," Aizawa stated, very confused on how this girl was able to live on her own. He read the background of the students in his class and while stumbling upon her application, he read all the horrid events that happened to her. The incident on her birthday, the mysterious disappearance of her brother, the several years in the hospital, etc. "It's not legal for someone your age to purchase their own place to live."

Moto realized that in order for her to explain to her teachers how she was able to obtain the complex, she would have to reveal to two heroes she illegally forged the signatures of her family members that she used to live with to obtain housing. She stood in dead silence as she tried to change the topic. "Dorms, you say?"

"Didn't you use to live with some relatives?" Aizawa pulled up a file and began searching through it. "Relatives from your mother's side? Kazane Arai?"

Moto grimaced at the mention of the name. "I used to live with them in middle school, but they kicked me out not too long afterward. They didn't like me because y'know my father." She shrugged before coming to a realization. "You're not gonna ask them for permission, are you?"

"They are technically still your guardians so yes, we will be asking them," answered All Might. "Where do they live?"

"Tokyo. In the heart of the city," frowned Moto, "she's a famous news reporter and weather reporter. She can literally feel the weather."

Aizawa and All Might almost headed out the door before turning to the girl. "You should probably come with us. If they reject our proposal, you won't be able to attend U.A."

Moto scowled as she headed towards the door with her teachers. "I never thought I would go back there again, but alright. It's probably for the best."

As they took the long drive to Tokyo, they also might a few quick trips to other student's houses. Moto didn't mind the extra wait. It was better for her to prepare to meet her old family. It had been a couple of years since she had last seen them. The last thing she remembered about them was them physically pushing her out of their home with just a bookbag of her belongings.

"So, if you don't mind me asking," All Might awkwardly began as Aizawa headed inside one of the student's homes, "why did you get kicked out, Young Moto."

Moto sighed as she recall the incident. "Well, I used to have really bad anger issues. They sorta died down when I get to middle school, which was why the hospital believed I was able to live with normal people for a while, but everything they did provoked me. Constantly mentioning my parents and blaming me for everything triggered me and I ended up having screaming matches sometimes. Things got physical once and that was the last time I ever was in their house."

All Might sweatdrop as he nodded, trying to sympathize with the student. He knows a handful of people with harsh backgrounds such as hers, but that was over many years. Her life had only just begun yet she's been through so much. It was a miracle for her to be able to make it this far and continue trying to achieve her goal, whatever it was.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through all that at a young age. I just want you to know that your strength and motivation to continue pushing through all the obstacles that you occur in this path of life has proven to be worth it. I'm sure you'll become a mighty, fine hero, Young Moto." He turned to her with a light smile. "I am proud of you."

Moto didn't know what was it with people being sympathetic with her lately. Perhaps it was because she just experienced a life-traumatizing event since she was just kidnapped by a group of high-rank villains that were able to successfully kidnap two U.A. students and nearly bring down All Might. Maybe she was finally surrounded by a crowd of people that don't view her as a daughter of a psychotic villain or the sad love child. Maybe she is finally viewed as a person with emotions, with trauma, with an opinion and voice.

These new feelings played with Moto's brain as she tried to analyze what she was feeling and why she was feeling it. She was able to grasp most emotions well, but the thought of people actually looking at her as something other than a bad guy made her question everything. She wasn't used to this.

Moto nodded with a very confusing, mixed with genuine happy smile. She portrayed to be a happy-go-lucky girl with an unrealistic optimistic personality, but that was far from the truth. She wanted to disconnect from her previous personality, her previous life just as a rebellious daughter of a villain, but no matter how hard she tried, she always managed to still be connected that previous life. She just won't accept who she was back then.

"Thank you, All Might."

***

hey :) 

i never realized how many chapters i should rewrite because i feel like im being inconsistent with everything like is everything lining up? did i miss information? did i mess up something about her past? yk

also kinda short chapter cause i planned on making the visit a whole chapter itself sooo ><

i wish i could create a wiki on my character that would make everything so much easier

anyways thanks for reading !! stay safe !!