Chapter Thirteen: Questions

There was a knock at my door, it was Stephen. "Emmy!" Mavi squealed as she jumped onto my leg and gave it a hug. "Bear hug?" I asked as I picked her up and gave her a big hug. I set her down and she ran to find Ophie.
"I told her..." He began to say.
"I know..." I interrupted him.
"How do you know?" He asked curiously.
"She came here..."
"She what?! Did she hurt you? Was she mad?" He asked.
"No, no. She wasn't mad at all, not at me anyway. She just wanted to make sure I don't hurt Mavi. Which you know I would never do." I explained.
"I know... You love her. I love that about you." I smiled a little when he said that, but I tried not to give in, not yet anyway.
I sat down on my couch and he sat down next to me. "You look beautiful, as always." He said. "Stephen..." "I'm serious." He said smiling. I smiled.
"We can't... Not until everything is finalized... It's better that way." I said.
"Can I still kiss you? And hold your hand?" He asked.
"Yes, but not in front of Mavi." I said laughing.
"Agreed." He leaned over and placed a small, long awaited, kiss on my lips. "Mavi brought Frozen over to watch." Stephen said as he got up and put the DVD in. "Mav! Come on, Anna and Elsa are on!" He yelled. She came running around the corner with Ophie following close behind.
Mavi got up onto my lap, "I want to sit Emmy!" She said as she grabbed my finger into her tiny hand and squeezed. Stephen smiled over at us. I smiled back as we cuddled up close to each other, my head softly resting on his shoulder.

Two days later at work David noticed us. "You two are slightly more eye-sexy than normal... What's going on?" He asked. I laughed at his use of "eye-sexy"
"Nothing, David..." I lied. "You know I'm not that dumb Emily. Just tell me." He begged. "I think you should ask Stephen." I said. "Fine." He said as he winked and walked away.
"What's with the eye-sexy?" I heard David asking Stephen. I laughed to myself as Stephen made eye contact with me. "SEE! Eye-sexy!" David yelled. I saw Stephen pat him on the back and whisper in his ear. David's eyes widened and then he shot a look at me. I was worried at first, but then he smirked. "Knew it!" He yelled down at me. We all laughed.