Chapter 10-A Battle's End

Chapter 10-A Battle’s End

    “Coulter’s mine.” Jake and I said in unison. “Together then.”

    “I have a score to settle with Alex.” AJ retorted.

    “Well, Samantha and I will take Rock.” I looked around at my friends one last time.

    “Let’s do this.” with those words the battle began. Jake and I began to fight Coulter with everything we had. AJ and Alex were locked in a tough one-on-one battle and the twins well, they were working on not letting Rock get ahold of them. We fought like this for what seemed like forever when all of a sudden I heard Alex yell everyone stopped and looked in that direction Alex is nothing more then a power cell in AJ’s hand we see one of his arrows. Two down two to go. The battle then resumed only with more intensity then before. I could tell that Coulter was feeling the pressure he had lost two clan members and we had only lost one. He started to just blow things up he wasn’t taking his time rocks, dirt, and plants were flying everywhere. I heard a high pitched scream I looked over in the direction that it came from Rock was standing over AJ with a rock held over his head. Where were Samantha and Tyler? I didn’t have to look far, they had been knocked unconscious quickly I took the rock from him and bashed it into him. Just as I was about to do it again an explosion went off right by my feet and I fell backwards. I lost concentration on the rock and it fell, thankfully it missed AJ, but not by much. 

    “AJ get over here.” Jake yelled to her.

    “Okay” she said in a voice that wobbled. She ran over to where we were and Rock followed now it was three on two Samantha and Tyler were still out cold. Then I saw AJ take a deep breathe and then close her eyes when she opened them she had that far away look in her eyes. “Cat laser now!” Without hesitation I threw a laser and at that exact moment Rock was about to grab a very big boulder my laser hit the boulder and it exploded into a million pieces. 

    “How did you do that?” Jake asked AJ. 

    “I concentrated really hard and emptied my mind.” This was the first sign of AJ actually being able to control her power. Rock decided that he was going to charge right then so we didn’t have time to congratulate her. Unfortunately, we hadn’t been watching where the battle had ended up. We had moved right next to the cliff in a split second Jake pushed me and AJ to the ground with him and Rock fell right over the edge. 

    “Nice thinking Jake.” I congratulated.

    “I didn’t think he would go over the edge, I was afraid he was going to push us over the edge. That wasn’t my plan.”

    “You just got lucky?” AJ asked. Instead of saying anything Jake just nodded his head in reply. We all got up and out of the corner of my eye I saw Samantha and Tyler get up. They ran over and joined us. Then there was one I thought. 

    “It’s over Coulter you have no one else to help you.” Jake quipped.

    “It will never be over.” Coulter replied with venom. I knew he was right. Just as I had that thought he started to move so I pushed him with my telekinesis then shot a laser and that was the end. All that was left of him was a power cell. Tyler ran over and kicked it as hard as he could and it went flying. 

    “Now it’s over.” I said as the power cell disappeared. The sun was setting and it felt final like part of our lives were over and a new part was going to rise up tomorrow with the sun.