Chapter 8-Battle to the Death

    “DIE!” The one called Rock roared.

    “I still don’t get why they call him Rock.” Tyler said.

    “Oh I don’t know maybe it’s because he can crush a rock with his bare hands.” Samantha stated, her words saturated with sarcasm. 

    “Enough you two! I don’t care why he’s called that, I just want to live to use my own name.” Jake yelled at the two of them.

    “Samantha go now!” I hissed.

    “Alright!” and just like that we could no longer see her. We continued to try to beat them, I was throwing rocks and shooting lasers, Jake was acting as a shield to Alex’s arrows, Tyler was zooming around trying to knock them down, and Samantha was hiding herself and sabotaging their shots. 

    “Ahh” Slim yelled he had been hit by one of the rocks I was throwing. “Now you made me mad!” All of a sudden he too was gone and then a few seconds later he was standing right in-front of me. He grabbed me and threw me, he was stronger then he looked. 

    “Jake any suggestions?” 

    “Don’t let him get his hands on you.” Jake replied he was currently busy fighting Rock. Tyler and AJ were dealing with Alex and Samantha was trying to keep Colter, and his power, busy. 

    “Thanks! Why didn’t I think of that!”

    “You’re dead.” Slim said to me.

    “As far as I can tell I’m still alive”

    “That is soon to change.” Then he disappeared again. I felt him grab my hair and bash my head against the tree to my left. Then he threw me again I got back up, but couldn’t see him. Could he turn invisible too? I didn’t have much time to think about it one minute I’m staring at a tree the next, Slim is in-front of me and he back hands me, I fall to the ground hard. 

    “Jake I can’r beat him.” I yell I have blood all over my face, I can feel the tears about to flood out of my eyes, and I’m sure he is standing at my side.

    “GET UP!” Jake yelled, but it was too late I felt his boot make contact with my ribs and I fell on my back. On impulse I shot a laser to my right and all of a sudden I saw how he disappeared he shrank to the size of a zipper. That’s when I took my chance and grabbed his small form and threw it before he changed his size. He hit a tree a few feet away with a very satisfying ‘thump’. While he was down I kicked his head, then used my telekinesis to bring a large boulder over to me and dropped it right on top of him and I knew it was over.