Chapter 4: love

Hailey's POV
I ran to Zander and Luke's room, desperate to tell them about the heartbreak, ugh why do I still love him? He bloody cheated on me!
I arrived at their room and knocked slowly, hoping they were still in their room.
"Who is it?" I heard Luke call.
"H-Hailey.."
"Oh, come in Hailey!"
I opened the door and ran towards him, balling my eyes out in a hug.
"What's wrong? Where's Jake?" Luke asked.
"JAKE CHEATED ON ME." I screamed, sobbing even harder.
"What. We need to tell Zander, Hailey."
"Tell me what?" Zander said, walking towards us.
"Jake cheated on Hailey."
"OH THAT LYING PIECE OF SHIT-" Zander exclaimed and was about to run but Luke stopped him.
"Zander, why don't we just comfort Hailey right now."
"Fine.." He muttered, walking over to the bed. I told them the whole story about the texts, the insults and me breaking up with him.
"You still love him, don't you Hailey." Zander said, after I was done.
"Of course I bloody do! I've liked him for years! I thought I found someone who truly cared about me..." I mumbled, starting to cry again.
"You don't deserve him! Hailey, you can do so much better than that jerk! You just need to get over the guy." Zander exclaimed.
"How can I get over him if I have to stay in the same room as him?"
"You can stay in our room Hailey." Luke smiled.
"Alright..I'll go get my stuff."
~~~~
(Still Hailey's POV)
I opened the door to our room, ignoring Jake, who was silently crying on the bed.
"H-Hailey! Please I-I need to t-tell you something!"
"I'm not coming in here to talk, I'm getting my stuff."
"Please Hailey! It was Drew, I swear!"
"I want to believe you...but I can't...."
"You can believe me if you want but I just want you to know...I love you and you're still my everything."
I walked away back down the hall, only to be greeted by Drew.
"If it isn't the gorgeous Hailey!" Drew smiled.
"Uh, thanks?"
"You are so beautiful, do you know that?" Drew smirked, pulling me closer.
"Um, I mean Jake used to tell me but.."
"Let's forget about Jake, how about we have dinner tonight, 7:00 PM."
"No! Drew, I just bloody found out my boyfriend was cheating! I'm not going out with anyone! So get the hell off me you shithead!" I exclaimed, pushing him away.
"That jerk doesn't deserve you! He was texting other girls from tinder! Just come have dinner with me!"
"I said- wait...I never mentioned the girl from tinder.."
"I- uh.."
"IT WAS YOU. YOU REALLY ARE AN ASSHOLE DREW!" I yelled, running back to where Jake was, I had to tell him..I felt so guilty...
~~~
Jake's POV
My heart is shattered. Hailey is the one who's made me feel happy again, like I belong in this world. Memories started flooding back, the time I caught her singing that song at the sleepover...her dark grey eyes that twinkle in the moonlight, our late night picnics, Zander chasing me around the park for kissing his sister. It was all gone, I needed to get over Hailey. Otherwise, my life will go downhill...forever.
"JAKE!" Hailey yelled, bursting through the door.
"What do you want?"
"I-I'm sorry. Drew told me what he did...I was wrong..I'm sorry.."
"Well I'm not..you don't trust me Hailey! You didn't even give me a chance to explain myself! I'm sorry but clearly this was never going to work."
"W-what..?"
"I need someone who trusts me, Hailey." I mumbled, walking out of the room. I was about to walk down the hall when I heard her speaking, I don't know why but I decided to listen in.
"I should've known I wasn't good enough for him...he kind, sweet, attractive and what am I? Nothing, absolutely nothing. I guess I can throw away the song I was writing for him.."
'She was writing me a song? I thought, am I making a big mistake?'
Out of nowhere, she began singing.
'Oh, love's a crazy game,
All we know is that it takes two hearts to play,
And once you both find the flame,
You'll need more than life itself, to keep burning through the waves.'
"Ugh, what's the point in love, their just going to break your heart and make you feel like a worthless piece of shit." She mumbled.
I suddenly felt guilt spread all over my body, she did trust me and I threw it all away.
"I threw away everything just to be with you, my everything.."
I was shocked, she had never called me her everything before, I had to do something while I still had the chance. Before I could think I was running towards her.
"What is it Jake? Come to tell me I'm worthless, freakish and overall a terrible perso-" she was interrupted, by me. I kissed her. All my love for her was poured out, she kissed me back, we both felt...happy again.
"I love you, princess."
"I love you, idiot."
~~~~~
A/N hello! i hope you enjoyed part 2! of course if you want me to ill do a part 3 but my next project is a different jailey fanfic! i love you all so much! byeee!