/2/ Always With You

Baka-chan's note :P

And here's the next part ^^ hope you'll like it minna-san

lovelots

----bakahikoXX

+++

So now, as we play out this predictable story

Everytime that we meet, I'd always see a memento mori

+++

[ Alois Utau's POV]

Silence is what fills the room we are in now. I don't know what I should say nor did he know what to say to start the conversation All that I know is that I hate my condition right now. I hate troubling him and adding even more burdens to him than he can carry

'If only my eyes didn't hurt like this. Then maybe, just maybe, my heart won't also feel the same way.'

Where are we now, you ask? Both me and Hiro-kun are here in the hospital room assigned to me. Why are we here?Well it's because of the damage that has been inflicted in my eyes.

To make everything much clearer...

>>FLASHBACK<<

"So how is she, doctor?" I heard Hiro-kun asked the doctor who checked on me earlier.

Anyway, just like what Hiro-kun told me, he brought me here in the hospital. Well the moment we reached this hospital, a little of my eyesight was brought back and I managed to see things though not as clearly as before. So the moment we finally reached the said place, we managed to get a doctor to check my eyes in no less than 15 minutes and now, we are currently waiting for the result of the check-up.

Back to the situation...

The doctor just look at us with quite a sad face. The expression in his face scared me. It's like something is really wrong with my eyes..

And unfortunately, I'm not wrong with that.

"I'm sorry to tell you this,but her eyes are badly damaged. Being exposed to too much light had inflicted a great damage upon her eyes... and if this becomes worse, she might lose her sense of sight permanently," the doctor told us straightforwardly; his solemn eyes boring a hole at me. 

With those words, my tears once again started making their way out of my eyes.

I-Is that true? A-Am I going to lose my eyesight?

Suddenly, I felt Hiro-kun touch my shoulder and that made me look at him. He then flashed a faint smile at me. Though deep within that smile, I could see sadness and worry.  Yes... he's masking all of it just for me.

After that, he once again look at the doctor's way and asked:

"Is there anyway to cure this, doctor?"

The doctor took his records and look at them. And without looking back at us, he replied:

"We can make her undergo an operation. She only has a 50-50 chance for her eyes to be healed but it's the only way..." he then stopped and looked at us with a stern face and continued, "Are you willing to take the risk and continue with this operation?"

Both of us just kept our mouth shut. I don't know what to say. 

'Should I go and risk everything? But what if it didn't succeed? I might lose my eyesight earlier than expected and might not be able to see Hiro-kun's face anymore'