Break

Ack! My arms hurt more than usual. Yesterday, sure I got bullied and had scratches and blood on my arms but I didn't think it would hurt this bad! Did something else happen to my arms that I cannot seem to remember? Ugh, now this is making my head hurt. I still have practice today... should I skip...? No! You already rested enough yesterday, if your arms still hurt then endure the pain Kenjiro!

I had to convince myself to go to practice even with hurt arms. I can't afford to sit out another day! If I did sit out another day, I will probably forget how to toss and then I would be kicked off the team because of my arms and, and-

My thoughts got interrupted by my mom shouting at me to go to school. I obeyed and left the house with everything I needed for the day.

I walk up to the gym and go to the locker room to change. I quickly get out and start stretching. Normally Ushijima would open the gym or our coach but this time it was Tendo. It was only me and Tendo there, nobody else because we came like 30 minutes too early.

"Shiraboo~" He starts running over to me and starts stretching with me. We had a little chit chat until we thought we were stretched out enough to start practicing.

He does his blocks by pretending there is a ball and 'blocks' it. I just toss to the wall. I toss the ball to the wall quickly which bounces back to me and repeats. The next thing I knew was the ball blocked by a hand. I looked over to see Tendo looking at me with a concerned face which made me confused.

"Shirabu" That surprised me. Did I do something wrong? He never says my name correctly unless something is wrong.

"What's wrong with your arms?" Shit was it that noticeable? I hesitate to answer, trying to find an excuse but then I hear voices coming towards our direction. I see Semi and Ushijima walk in and Goshiki, Taichi, Yamagata and others trailing behind. Maybe Tendo will go bother them now, right? I take a sneaky glance at Tendo and see he is looking at them, all excited. I slowly exhaled, not realising I held my breath but Tendo was able to pick up my exhale and turned his attention back towards me. Way to go me!

"Shirabu, what happened?" I am happy that he says this in a low whisper so others can't hear.

"I am going to tell you this and only you got it? You can't tell anyone else!" Tendo nods his head but that still doesn't reassure me enough. I put my pinkie out to him and he grabs hold of it with his pinkie and shake once.

"My arms started to swell a bit more and hurt even more this morning. It had to have something to do in the past..." I get lost in thought about what it could be about, and Tendo helps me think.

"The day your arms got shot!" He whispered yelled. We stared at my arms, wide-eyed.

"Shit! I forgot to wrap bandages around my arms and haven't done so in a while!" I whisper back. We can hear footsteps coming our direction. Tendo stands in front of him, pretending to be on his phone. I couldn't see who it was because Tendo was standing in front of me but the person's voice did sound awfully familiar to me.

"Coach?" I knew it sounded familiar! Our coach turns towards us or should I say Tendo and gives a small smile.

"Aren't you supposed to be practicing?" He asks in a stern voice but turns into laughter later. Our coach hasn't been here for a while because he broke his arm and legs in an accident. Tendo turns to me, pulls me up and takes me to coach.

"Can I take Shirabu to the infirmary? His arms have swollen because someone-" He emphasizes the someone and turns towards me. I feel like I was being looked down upon and I don't like it.

"Forgot to wrap his arms for weeks when he got shot in both of them" He finishes. Coach immediately looks at my arms and tries to say something but nothing comes out. He stares at my arms in shock of what he was just told.