Chapter 19

(weirdly long one, idk why it's as long as it is because I genuinely felt as if I was running out of ideas but yk doesn't seem like it lol. little fun fact that made me laugh yesterday: I was proof reading my last chapter and I realised that instead of saying that Sean put his headphones in his ears, I said that he put them in his eyes. I thank myself every time I see a mistake while reading through my chapters before I post because that could have been very bad lmao)

~kaycee pov~

I yawn before rubbing my eyes as they slowly open. My head pounds as the light shines into my eyes. I groan before turning onto my side and looking at the time. I've overslept a little but luckily it's the weekend. I do have dance today, but that starts at seven. To be honest, I don't really want to go to class today, but I have to. I just don't feel up to it: my body feels exhausted and I haven't slept well for the past week. I'm missing him too much, and I just can't stop thinking about what he said to me. We would normally phone each other on the days where we can't see each other but that hasn't happened for a week. I haven't been to the coffee shop since that day. We haven't even texted each other to talk about our days or to say that we are home safe. I will admit, I have thought about texting him a lot but he probably just wants space. I miss hearing his voice, seeing him laugh, listening to his stories from his childhood, seeing his smile with those adorable dimples. I miss being able to just sit in a room with him and have the best time ever. I miss just hugging him while watching the world go by. I miss watching him dance, and even dancing with him. I would give everything I have just to have him back, but I know he probably doesn't feel the same at the moment. 

I pull myself out of bed with the little motivation I have left. I walk into the bathroom, catching my reflection in the mirror. I stare at myself for a few moments before leaning against the sink as I start to feel sick. My eyes burn with tiredness and pain. Come on Kaycee, we aren't going to cry again for the seventh day in a row. I can get over it! I can get over him! I'm strong! After all, he was just a really close friend, it's not like you two had any chance of dating anyway. Not that I wanted to date him... well maybe I did. But there's no hope for us now. Just get over him already! 

I feel my body start to swoon as I stand upright. I decide that I may as well get changed and get ready for the day rather than thinking about Sean. I pick out my outfit, something comfortable to take Alex's class with. Once I'm dressed, I walk downstairs.

"Morning mom." I say.

"Morning Kayc!" she replies cheerfully. I smile at her before going into a cupboard to make some cereal.

"How did you sleep?" she asks.

"Alright, you?" I lie.

"I slept really well, thank you. Now tell me how did you really sleep?" she replies. 

I groan before giving in. "I barely slept at all." 

"Still thinking about everything?" she asks.

"It's all I can think about mom. I feel horrible because I know that Sean is going through hell and he won't let me help. And it's killing me inside." I say.

"Yeah, I'm not surprised. But he just wants space-" she starts.

"I know he does, but I miss him so much." I interrupt. She sighs before walking up to me and hugging me.

"Who's class is it today?" she asks, trying to change the subject.

"Alex's." I reply before picking up my cereal bowl and take in to the the table, mom follows behind me.

"You excited?" 

"Not really, I don't really feel up to it." I state before picking up a spoonful of cereal. I stare down at my spoon as the sickness in my stomach creeps back. I pour the spoonful back into the bowl before resting my head on my hands.