Then I'll Prove It To You {LafayettexFem.Reader}

Requested by equindistrict2

The time wasn't specified, but since a "school setting" was part of the plot, this is going to be a Modern AU since it'll be a co-ed school.

Trigger Warning: Toxic people (In my opinion. It's probably nothing, but I feel like I should mention it)

Y/N = your name

Bff/n = best friend's name (wrote as unspecified gender)

Word Count: 1849

Enjoy!

~~~

Y/N's point of view

"Oh, Bff/n, I'm so excited! The foreign exchange students are coming Monday, and the guys from Spain are going to be sooooooo hot!" I exclaimed. "A whole semester of that? Wowowowowow!!!"

"Spain?" My best friend scoffed. "The French ones will be way better."

I shook my head. "You have no taste."

"Ha! Bet!" They laughed.

"Ok," I stuck my hand out and smirked. Spanish guys for the win.

~~~

Oh boy.

I was so wrong.

Our English classes were moved around a lot so all the temporary students could fit in. There were a couple of Spanish, French, and Italian in my class.

I just-

There's this one guy. A French guy. And I. Can't. Stop. Thinking. About. Him.

He's so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute, and his accent makes me melt.

He's literally sitting right next to me as we speak - or as I think.

I felt a nudge at my side.

"Eh, excusez-moi, but do you have a.... a crayon I could borrow?" He asked nervously.

"A crayon?" I raised an eyebrow. "Why would you need that?"

"To write?" 

I looked at him in confusion.

"Oh," he said and facepalmed. "I mean a... pencil? Je suis désolé. That is the French word, but it is also an American thing."

I giggled. "It's okay." I handed him a new pencil. "And hey, I learned a new word today!"

The guy smiled and nodded. "Je m'appelle Lafayette."

"Je m'appelle Y/N."

~~~

A month into the spring semester, we've become good friends. We eat lunch together every day, have those random conversations on the phone, and hang out occasionally on weekends. He's also become a lot better at English.

My family has asked multiple times to meet Laf, but I didn't want them to. They'd embarrass the heck out of me with no remorse. 

They keep teasing me about taking a liking to him. And I have. But they or he doesn't need to know that.

I've been falling behind on my grades lately with all the extracurriculars I'm involved in and can't escape until next year.

I've been dealing with so much stress that sometimes I wish I could just drop out of school.

They've all noticed it too—my friends, my family. My friends tell me I need to take more breaks while my family says I need to work harder, all creating more stress. I fall more and more behind every day.