⎣ ⋄ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ⋄ ⎤

"Here." Younghoon says as he puts his chopsticks into Chanhee's mouth.

Chanhee just stares at Younghoon, frozen not knowing how to respond. There is a brief silence and motionlessness.

Younghoon pulls his chopsticks out and keeps eating his food, Chanhee does the same.

"It's good." Chanhee states.
"Are you dating someone?" Younghoon asks.
Chanhee giggles, "What?"
"Are you dating someone?" He asks again.
"No, I am not." Chanhee pauses, "Why do you ask?"
"Your recent post on Instagram said something about a date."
Chanhee laughs again.
Younghoon smiles, "You're cute when you laugh."
Chanhee playfully hits Younghoon's arm.

"Have you ever dated anyone?" Younghoon asks.
Chanhee slurps his noddle into his mouth and says, "No."
"Never?"
"Nope, never."
"Any reason why?"
"No one has ever really shown interest." Chanhee pauses, "Maybe if I was dating someone, I would have an excuse to not work as much."

They are both quiet for a brief moment.

Chanhee breaks the silence, "Have you ever dated anyone?"
Younghoon apprehensively says, "Yes, a couple."
"Cool." Chanhee replies.

Once again, silence.

Younghoon breaks it this time, "Do you like boys?"
Chanhee is surprised and chokes on his noddles.
Younghoon places his hands on the back of Chanhee's waist, "Are you okay?"
Chanhee takes a drink of his water and catches his breath, "Yes, I'm fine."
"So, do you like boys?" Younghoon asks again.
Chanhee doesn't respond.
"No?" Younghoon asks.
Silence, again.

"Do you?" Chanhee asks.
"Yes. I do." Younghoon says, "I like both."
"Boys and girls?"
"Yes."
"What have you dated?"
"All these questions and you can't answer mine?" Younghoon asks.
"Just answer the question," Chanhee looks into Younghoon's eyes, "please."
"I've dated two girls." Younghoon finally says.
"Oh." Chanhee responds.
"Does that make you sad?"
"No, why would it?"
"I don't know, that sigh just sounded disappointed."

Silence falls again.

"Yes." Chanhee blurts out.
"What?" Younghoon asks.
Chanhee begins to say, very apprehensively, "Yes, I like b-"
Younghoon interrupts, "You don't need to say it if you don't want to."
Chanhee says, "It took me a very long time to come to terms with it, my parents are very anti that." He pauses, "That's why I haven't really dated anyone."
"My parents didn't know until a couple years ago, they didn't really care." Younghoon pauses and places his hand on Chanhee's thigh, "I'm sorry your parents don't like it."
Chanhee places his hand onto Younghoon's, "They don't know I am, I don't think I can ever tell them."
"That's okay. You don't have to. Or you could wait until you move out and they can't do anything to you, okay?"
Chanhee nods his head yes.

⋄ + ⋄

Chanhee gets up from the table and grabs his and Younghoon's bowl and goes to the sink to wash them.
"No, you don't need to." Younghoon says while he stands up.
"It's fine, you made the food, I'll clean it up." Chanhee says with a smile.
Younghoon smiles as Chanhee turns back around.

As Chanhee is washing the dishes, Younghoon comes up behind him and wraps his arms around his waist.
"Ah," Chanhee lets out a little scream, "what are you doing?"
"You're just so cute, how could I resist hugging you?"
Chanhee doesn't respond and keeps washing the dishes.
"You didn't hit me this time!" Younghoon says excitedly.
Chanhee rolls his eyes.

⋄ + ⋄

It is nearly 1am now.

"I'll sleep on the floor, you can have the bed." Younghoon says to Chanhee, who is already sitting on the bed.
Chanhee thinks for a moment, "Uh, Younghoon?"
"Yes?"
Chanhee says while staring at the ground, "You can, uh, sleep on the bed too."
Younghoon processes what he just heard, "With you?"
Chanhee tucks himself into the covers and faces away from Younghoon, "Yes."

Younghoon knows how quickly Chanhee could go back on this, so he is taking it slowly and treating it very fragilely. He sits on the edge of the bed, opposite Chanhee. He slowly opens the covers and lets himself in.

A couple of minutes pass. Younghoon can't help himself and keeps inching closer and closer to Chanhee until he is right next to him.
"What are you doing?" Chanhee asks.
Younghoon doesn't respond. Chanhee flips over the face him, their faces are an inch apart. Younghoon wraps his arms around Chanhee and pulls him in to an embrace.
"Is this okay?" Asks Younghoon.
Chanhee thinks for a moment and responds, "Yes, Hoon."