|| ii ||

september 25th, 5 pm, san diego

the first thing i saw when i walked out of the airport was a group of boys waiting to ambush me. ted and charlie immediately pulled me into a long overdue hug. "dude don't forget about the rest of us." the sound came from goofy looking, probably high, boy standing next to an equally goofy looking man-child who i immediately recognized as traves.

"y/n this is cooper," ted said pointing at the first boy, "and traves." while gesturing at the brunette. i let out a small yawn, which prompted charlie helping me get my suitcase into the trunk. cooper offered me the aux but i politely declined. i met these boys 10 minutes ago, i didn't wanna feel like i was intruding or anything. plus, 5 minutes into the drive i fell asleep. the drive wasn't too bad, only half an hour, but i was passed out so it felt like a minute. i was still asleep when we got to the house, so charlie carried me up to his room. 

schlatt's pov:

unbeknownst to everyone but ted, i had been nervously awaiting y/n's arrival. i had a big crush on them ever since i came across one of their streams a few months ago. there were the tiny interactions we had on twitter, but i never took it further. i was crazy excited to hang out with them during twitchcon and finding out they were gonna stay with us was the best news ever. i was lost in thought until charlie's voice got me to zone back in. "y/n's pretty tired so they'll probably be out for a couple hours. i'm gonna go get some food for her when she wakes up, does anyone need me to pick something up?"

"can you get some-" travis started.

"gummy bears? yeah i can grab some" charlie replied. "anything else?"

"i'm good" i mumbled, does charlie like y/n or something?, i wondered. it was unusual for me to get in my head like this, but it was also unusual for me to have a crush like this. 

y/n's pov:

by the time i woke up the sun was already down. not wanting to intrude more than i already had, i got out of the bed and groggily walked downstairs. cooper and traves were sitting shoulder to shoulder playing smash, ted, charlie, and noah were planning lunch club videos, and then there was schlatt. he was trying to act chill and laid back, but if you actually looked at him, you could tell he was pissed, but mostly disappointed.  seeing as the only spot on the couch was next to him, and i wanted to get to know him better, i sat right there. "if you keep staring at charlie you're gonna burn a hole in his head" i whispered into his ear. he immediately got flustered. 

"shit i didn't even realize i was doing that" he quickly said while adjusting his yankees hat. god that was hot, i thought. i could feel my face getting pink. 

"keep staring and someone's gonna think you have a crush" i said while giggling. 

"are you hungry? charlie got some snacks you like."

"whatever he got, they're never gonna be as good as anything from wegmans"

"wait you know wegmans?!"

"of course i do! it's only the best grocery store ever. east coast does it better baybee"

"hell yeah, so what if the west coast has in & out, new york has the best pizza."

"true lmao, but not even new york pizza is as good as baltimore crab cakes, they're unmatched"

"you take that back" he said with a shocked/offended look on his face, "nothing is better than an new york slice"

"never!" i retorted while laughing even harder than before. we talked for like an hour and i'd completely forgotten i was hungry. we hadn't even noticed that everyone cleared out of the living room. "damn i guess my laugh annoyed everyone else." i joked. "do you wanna watch a movie or something?" he nodded and i put on a horror movie. 

"you better not get scared and run away or something" he said, i just laughed and nodded a little to acknowledge him

schlatt's pov:

we were around halfway through the movie when i felt a weight on my shoulder. y/n was out like a light. the movie was getting a little boring so i picked them up and brought them to my room. i wasn't gonna leave them on the couch, i'm a gentlemen after all. they only had a t-shirt and sweatpants so i put them in one of my hoodies. noah kept the temperature down so it was freezing all the time. i also wrapped them in a blanket, just in case. i didn't wanna look like a creep or anything so i went to sleep on the couch. i wasn't that tired yet, so i scrolled through twitter aimlessly for the better part of an hour. maybe i should rewatch her minecraft monday video, i thought, that one's really funny.

a/n: sorry if this chapter is short, or feels like filler, i didn't wanna just jump into twitchcon stuff. also sorry of the schlatt y/n relationship is kinda rushed, i'm not a fan of slow burns. i'm gonna try to write longer chapters to make up for the fact that the whole plot is a little short.