ظرف|Zarf

"Aankhon se utaar kar ghum
Dil ke andhere me sajhalo
Waqt kam hai darmiyaan
Joh samajhna chaho samajhlo."

Zahid mopped around the office, clearly not interested to go back to his office when he happened to hear about how Saleh and Fizah's facial features were strikingly similar from his employees that attended the meeting and how Saleh looked at Fizah with mere adoration. He tried to remember both their faces but couldn't see anything that related them to one another. Saleh was huge and she was petite, oh and how would that help to grasp the obvious.

He could see the gloom in her face when she entered the boutique, as though someone stabbed her heart and left it to bleed but it couldn't be bigger than what he went through, right?

Or not.

Both were betrayed by their own family in one way or the other and had been trying to find their way out to somewhere where there was comfort and away from the society. No matter how hard they tried to shut it's mouth, it never would. The society had this conniving habit of pulling down when they had taken a step above by saying so much. Their words pricked them like thorns in an already bleeding wound, it was the fuel to fire. Society was one big cause as to why Zahid hated his family's guts. His family had this pretence to care about everyone they saw when in reality it was a laid trap. What could have been expected from a politician's family.

He also remembered when Ehan told him about Emaad searching for his sibling and how he miserably failed every time. He cringed when he realized that he was looking into someone's life that was not his and dispersed himself. A club seemed like a good option but it wasn't the time and it was manor neither.

He took off to the place to where his heart laid, where the pieces of his memories had been resting since years. The car screech halted in front of a rusty metal gate that desperately needed a replacement. He rolled down the windshield and air in his lungs was knocked out. It was not the first time but the millionth he visited, he paid a visit to the place. The fog grinned, all ready to sway him off the ground to his destination. The green of trees had turned brown and the sun hid behind the clouds from where he stood. The keeper greeted with salaam to which he just nodded.

To say that Zahid was out of religion would be a half lie because even though he pretended to have stopped believing in the superior entity, he did look out for some miracle to ease the pain, to bring him back from the lost state. He had stopped responding to everything in the spiritual way like if someone said something related to science and god, he would end up siding with science because the old Zahid believed, trusted the god and he wanted to keep nothing to do with the older version, he was naive. He did not stop believing in god's existence, he just liked to ignore it as much as he could.

He set his foot outside the car as he stepped out and glanced at the magnificent building that stood almost as tall as his company except this was the apartment tower. He had spent every penny– his own little savings to buy the house to move in with the love of his life but before he could have a chance, things were burnt to ashes. Destroyed. This was his hideout where he hid away all those thirteen months, this was where he came out determined from. Zahid Adnan was mature enough to not take revenge by destroying someone, he knew better. He knew that by becoming what the world deemed him unfit would be the best revenge ever, success spoke back to them. He slammed their failures back at their faces, he conspired to always be better and a step ahead of the whole industry. The man that believed in karma, refused to trust in what Allah does to the wrongdoers.