سکون|Sakoon

"Woh guftugu ka bahana talash karte hain,
Woh mujh me purana shaqs talash karte hain."

This was it. It was happening. She knew this was coming and now when it was, she couldn't come to terms with it. Zahid was finally getting back at his father for taking what was rightfully his from him. It was real and very real. Her eyes, in the size of a baseball, stared hopelessly at the screen that kept screening the incredulities of her father in law- she could see how his face contoured different expressions and at times, impassive. They were flashing him and only him everywhere and on every news channel.

Her legs staggered back at the thought of her husband exposing his father publicly in the news. She had an idea of anything and everything but exposing was not one of them. However, this wasn't his first step towards his father's destruction. He had caused confusion between the leaders that they were already in conflict.

"This is the justice you've fought for." Saleh came to stand next to Fayd and smirked at them.

Fayd, as a skilled investigator, had been one of their various sources who brought them whatever they were in need of. He worked in the dark to bring every little deed Adnan sahb had done against his own people and others in greed of becoming more powerful but what Zahid loathed the most was that his father tried to get him to sit on his so called throne and to manage the petty deeds after him. Zahid so fully loathed it and him for doing it.

"I see Zahid in you, I'm not going to lie." Saleh patted Fayd's shoulder cheerfully while gaining a dirty look from Zahid and Fayd.

"Everyone present in this apartment is similar in almost all ways." Fayd growled out loudly, making Fizah step back from her place. No lies, the scar in his arm did scare her away.

Nothing drilled her and questioned Zahid's intentions as much as the fear of losing him did. It all started from him and ended with him and she feared another heartbreak. Sure, Zahid might be his son but to Adnan sahb, everyone was the same in terms of massacre. Looking back at the history, it was easy for her to judge Adnan sahb's behaviour. He would do something- anything to turn it in his favour but what she didn't know was that this time he would find no way to go back to how it was- to how he was. Zahid had been sketching his father's path to hell hole for years and years that it smoothened the way so that Adnan sahb wouldn't find a stone to blame once and if he returned.

"Ah, Emaad.!" Zahid turned to Saleh after making sure Fizah was fine- his finger still holding on to her little finger behind his back, "Ehan?"

"Airport." Saleh took his phone out to check if his text to Ayda went unread and ignored.

"Why?"

"Aatish sahb wanted to stay by your side so he is flying down." He broke it to him, shrugging his shoulders as though it was nothing.

Nobody would really know that an army stood behind a man who had no one to rely on or to go to or when he was left alone in a cut throat battle. An army that wasn't bare to any eyes but worked in the most powerful way. Zahid, too, had an army of people behind him- one that he gathered, the rest that came along with him and one of the most powerful men was coming to stand with him.

"Now, now, it will be a sight to my sore eyes to see how baba whoops your ass." Zahid broke into laughter amidst the chaos. The echoes reverberating in the empty apartment made her smile too. Saleh groaned as he was pushed back to his past days when he worked for Aatish Mirza. The man was all love but when he got into his professionalism, he showed no mercy.

"Now, now, I don't work for him but I'll be working with him. Jokes on you, you little piece of shit."

Zahid's smile fell, "Zyaada zaban nahi chalao, samandar ke kinare phenk aaunga accha." He shot back, retreating to sit on the chair. Saleh snorted loudly.