CHAPTER THREE

"How can do that to him? Tum jante ho uske papa iss duniya me nahi hai phir bhi itni gandi baate nikalti kaise hai tumhare muh se, haa?" Riddhima glares at Sid as she tries to not do something stupid.

"Bhot fikar ho rahi hai Armaan ki. Itni meri toh kabhi nahi hui jab logo ne mujhe tumhare uss Armaan ke baap ke Karan 10 tarah ke tane mile tab." Sid retorts back and pushes her away as she tries to talk to him before he starts walking.

"Meri baat khatam nahi hui hai abhi tak. Puri baat sun ke jao, Sid." She shouts.

"Kuch nahi sunna mujhe. Agar uski itni hi fikar hai na toh jao uske hi paas." He yells at her and throwing the phone away, he starts walking knowing very well that Riddhima is going to rush to him.

Standing there with anger and frustration running wildly inside every nerve in her system, she stands there with her hands clutched tightly not sure what to do.

For the first time, she doesn't want to follow him. She wants to do just as he told her. She wants to go to Armaan and tell him to help her like she knows he will. She wants to say no and stop this once and for all. Leaving behind the worries of the consequences, she wants to break every relationship she ever had with him and break free.

"Mai jaa raha hu, chali jana ghar." He says as he gets on his bike,"ya Armaan ko bula lena.." his smirk says it all. He thinks of her as nothing but his personal property who can be used however he wants.

"Nahi." She whispers. Barely breathing the word out.

"Kya?" Sid asks irritated.

She shakes her head, looking in the ground and again whispers,"nahi.."

"Kya nahi?"

"Ab aur nahi.." Riddhima says and looks up,"jao tum yaha se aur kabhi mood ke mat dekhna."

Sid rolls his eyes and kicking the start, he takes off, leaving Riddhima alone once again like every other day.

Riddhima sighs and nods to herself,"ab nahi Riddhima, ab agar ye khayal aa hi gaya hai toh ab nahi." She nods once again and starts walking,"tujhe aise insaan ki jarurat nahi hai jo tujhe baar baar nicha dikhata hai aur bar bar teri insult karta hai."

She walks till the main road and waits for an auto. When one stops, she gets in and telling him the drop point, relaxes against the side. Her eyes shut and as her heart and mind starts battling within.

"Didi aapka tabiyat thik hai?" The guy asks looking her through the rearview mirror.

Opening her eyes, Riddhima smiles and nods,"haa bas Zara si thakan hai."

"Itni jaldi, abhi toh din ki shuruwat hi uui hai didi. Aap kya night duty kar ke aa rahi hai?"

Riddhima shakes her head,"apne boyfriend.." pausing, she thinks and tilting her head, she says,"ek boyfriend se sab kuch khatam kar ke aa rahi hu."

"Ohho.. didi.. phir toh badi taklif me hogi aap. Pata hai yaha kolkata aane se pehle humara bhi jhagda ho gaya humari wali se. Kehti hai ki hum use sath le aaye. Ab aap hi batao didi, itna mehnga sheher hai aur itni si kamai, use yaha bula ke hum rakhege kaha? Humne keh diya usse ki rahe wo maa ke paas aur phir jab hum thoda paisa jama kar lege toh le aaege pure pariwar ko yahi. Isliye jante hai hum apki taklif. Bura lagta hai apno ka sath choot jata hai toh.."

Riddhima frowns and shakes her head,"Sach kahu toh taklif ho hi nai rahi.."

"Huh?" The guy turns and looks at het almost shocked,"toh kya ho raha hai?"