CHAPTER SEVEN

Sid curses loudly and throws the beer bottle which crashes right below the stair Armaan is standing on. He glares, his eyes burning with fury and rage.

"Pehle meri maa mujhse cheen li aur ab tu uss ladki ko bhi mujhse cheen raha hai jisse mai sabse jyada pyaar karta hu."

"Sid, yaha tamasha karne ki jarurat nahi hai." Armaan walks ahead,"maine tujhse kabhi kuch nahi cheena. Ye tere man me hai."

"Toh meri maa.."

"Wo meri maa thi, unhone tujhe bas jamn diya hai aur aunty ke jane ke bad wo tujhe paal rahi thi." Armaan says having had enough of this man who has always put wrong accusations at him,"maa tujhe apna beta jarur manti thi par tu kabhi unka beta ban nahi paya,  Sid,  tune har kadam pe dikha diya ki tu aakhir hai toh apne baap ka beta.."

Picking up the half broken bottle, Sid throws it at Armaan who dodges it.

"Aahh.." Riddhima groans as the glass hits her head and she starts to bleed.

"Shit.." Armaan groans and turning, he holds her,"hey.."

With her hand on the wound, Riddhima groans again as blood oozes making Armaan panic while Sid stands on the road not sure what he's supposed to do before he shakes his head and getting inside the jeep, he drives away.

"Riddhima, chalo andar.." Armaan holds her gets inside the caffe. Pulling a chair, he helps her sit before he rushes to the kitchen and gets a wet cloth,"here, use this." He says and again walks in to get a first aid box,"tumhe bahar nahi aana chahiye tha Riddhima. I was dealing with him."

"He is not your problem to deal with, Armaan.  He is my problem."

Stopping whatever he was doing, he sighs and walks back to her before he sits in front of her and pulls her hand away. As the blood stops oozing,  he takes a cotton pad from the box and pouring some ethanol, he blows before he starts cleaning the wound.

"Aahh.."

"Shhh.." he says and gives her his hand to hold which she tightly grabs and shuts her eyes tightly.

"He is not your problem.  He shouldn't be after what he did to you." He says as he uses an antiseptic gel and covering with a  cotton ball, he uses a bandage,"choti si chot hai, ek do din me thik ho jaegi.."

"Thanks." She says and opening her eyes she looks at him.

Guilt and shame clearly visible in his eyes even though he is not the one who did this to her.

"Hey, I will be fine."

"I know..."Armaan says and looks at the cotton pad which has blood.

"But you don't look fine?"

"Because I am not." He looks up at her and Riddhima can almost see his soul crushing as he sulks.

"I am fine, jyada nahi lagi hai mujhe.."

"Mere rehte hue tumhe lagni hi nahi chahiye thi Riddhima.  It was meant to be me." He says and holding her hand, he moves his chair closer to her,"it shouldn't have happen."

"It did, though." She shrugs and smiles before she moves her hand to his face and rubs his jaw,"it's okay, Armaan, it doesn't hurt anymore." She lies even though it does.

"Tumhe kuch ho jata toh?"

"Tum the na mere sath.." she moves her chair closer and grips his hand tightly,"aise kaise kuch ho jata. Har waqt tum dhyan hi toh rakhte ho ki mujhe kuch na ho.."