CHAPTER FIVE

"Riddhima..." she hears a scream and turns. Sighing,  she shakes her head and turning back, she again starts walking.

"Riddhima,  please wait.."

Not responding or stopping,  she continues to walk and stops in front of Armaan's caffe before she smiles and gets in.

"Hi Armaan.." her expression changes from happy to vary as Armaan turns and shuts his wallet in hurry before he pushes it in his jeans and tries to smile at her but fails miserably.

"Umm.. hi.." he says frowning and ruffles his hair before he can smile at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing.."

"Umm, okay.." Riddhima frowns deeper before she hands him the flowers,"nani ne ye specially manage hai tumhe dene ke liye."

"Kyu?"

She sighs,"well, jab mai ye soch rahi thi ki nani mujhse ghussa hogi kyuki Maine Sid ko chod diya, wo waha panjabi gane baja ke dance kar rahi thi ye keh ke ki life me pehli baar Maine koi acha kaam kiya hai."

His frown even deepens and he walks to place the flowers on each table while Riddhima takes a seat,"weren't you saying that she was against you breaking the marriage with Sid?"

"Well, no.. she was angry because she thought ki maa ke jaise mai bhi apni life barbad kar dugi. Bas isliye wo aisi ruthi hui thi mujhse. Jab Maine bataya unhe ki mai Sid se alag ho rahi hu tab jake unke dil ko chain mila." She explains and sighs,"mujhe lag raha tha ki meri family Sid aur mere relationship se khush hai, ab pata chala hai ki wo kabhi khush the hi nahi. In fact wo sare bas meri khushi ke liye khush ho rahe the ye jane bina ki kahi mai dukhi naa rahu.." a small frown appears on her face as she looks away,"shayad bina maa ke pali badi hu toh cautious rehte hai."

Armaan stops his work and looking at her, he sighs before he walks upto her and shakes his head,"aisi baate kyu karti ho Riddhima? Tumhare papa ne tumhari maa ke sath jo bhi kiya par unhone Anjali aur tumme kabhi koi fark nahi kiya aur naa ki pyaar me koi kami rakhi."

"Ye baat tum Meri nani se keh ke dekhna. Sau se jyada reasons degi wo tumhe ki kaise mere papa ne mujhme aur Anjy di me fark kiya. Aur ab jab Anjy di ki love marriage hui hai toh papa ko bhi laga ki agar wo mujhe mana karte hai toh mai bhi aisa hi sochugi. Nani ne bhi yahi maan ke haa keh diya tha." She smiles.

"Riddhima..." they both hear a scream before they turn to look. Armaan frown and walks outside before Riddhima gets up to and follows him.

Standing outside the door, Riddhima moves Armaan away and with her hands on her hips, she shouts,"kya hai Sid? Tumhe samajh nahi aa raha hai kya ki mai tumse baat karne me interested nahi hu."

"Ek baar bas.." Sid pleads and walks closer but she takes a step back, almost falling but Armaan holds her tightly and looks down at her.

"Careful."

She turns and looking at him, she smiles,"thank you." And standing straight,  she turns to look at Sid,"dur raho Sid,  mujhse bilkul dur raho tum.."

"Nahi.." he shakes his head and moves ahead,"please Riddhima.  Bas ek mauka de do. Riddhima aaj tak jo kuch tumhare sath kiya Maine, please sab bhool jao aur ek mauka de do."

"Jao yaha se Sid.  Raste me tamasha karna tumhari fitrat hai, meri nahi." She says and shaking her head, she turns and walks in.

Shaking her head again, she walks straight in Armaan's kitchen and starts preparing herself a coffee.