1 ─── house of bricks

𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨(death bed, powfu, ft

𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨
(death bed, powfu, ft. beabadoobee)

EUGENE MOON WASN'T always the hot-tempered, abusive father that he is today. There was a time when his children were his whole world and he would have walked to the ends of the earth to make sure that they were safe. He wouldn't have let anyone and anything harm them, protecting them with all his might.

   Then, Kian died. Kian's death was the breaking point of the perfect Moon family. It turned to chaos after that.

   Days after Kian's death was when Marigold finally understood how much her parents had despised her. It never really meant anything to her before that they always just praised Kian's grades when she got the same or when they allowed Kian to do anything but only allowed her to watch from the side lines. She thought they were just being protective over her. She's a girl and she needs to be kept safe sort of thing. The days after Kian's death is when she realised the change in her parent's demeanour and personality; it was as if some repulsive monster had taken over their bodies because they were not the Eugene and Hana Moon that Marigold had known.

   Marigold rushes down the stairs to the kitchen, trying to leave the house before her father sees her but it's too late. He's in the kitchen, drinking his coffee and reading the day's paper. He glances up to see her before scowling, placing his coffee cup down with a small thud.

   "Go and get changed, Marigold Moon," he commands of her, not giving her another glance.

   "But dad, it's boiling out today," Marigold tries to argue but stops herself when she sees a shift in her father's seating position.

   She's sporting a pastel blue cropped cardigan with a flowery skirt that rest just a little below her mid thighs. She looks down at herself, admiring the skirt she bought a little while back, waiting for the perfect day to wear it, but it looks like that day will never come as long as she lives in this household. She looks back up to see her father walking towards her, immediately making her back away against a wall.

   It's nothing I can't take, she tells herself, waiting for the slap but it never comes, instead her father's hands wrap around her throat, lifting her off the ground. Eugene Moon has hit his daughter multiple times, yes, but never has he ever started to strangle her. She reaches out to pry him off but to no avail, he stays increasing the pressure. Marigold meets his eyes and for a split second, she sees the father she once used to love; the father that bent over backwards to make her happy, the father that she always bragged about to everyone she met. He's there, underneath all that anger and hurt, but he doesn't exist anymore. He's gone, Marigold tells herself, allowing defeat to cloud her judgements when she suddenly feels herself dropping to the floor.