10 ─── fear of dark

𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘶𝘱𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘪 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩(mystery of love, sufjan stevens)

𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘪 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩
(mystery of love, sufjan stevens)

MARCUS BAKER ISN'T at Brodie's party which makes Marigold move around the place with ease. She knows he will be at the cemetery tomorrow so she planned to go and visit Kian straight after she leaves the party, praying that she will not be bumping into him.

She walks down the stairs to where the party is being held at Brodie's basement. Most of the sophomores that Marigold often sees Ginny hang out with are already there, including herself. Ginny and her friends, who call themselves MANG (after the first letter of their names), are in Britney Spears themed outfits; Maxine as Britney from Oops!... I did it again, Abby as Britney from Me Against the Music, Norah as Britney from Toxic, and Ginny as Britney from Baby One More Time.

"Hey, Mari!" Ginny comes to greet the girl, shouting over the loud music. "Glad you could make it. Your dress is super cute. Who are you dressed as?"

Marigold tells Ginny that she came as Rachel Young from Crazy Rich Asians to which she replies with 'Asian representation, I see'. Marigold nods her head, walking around in her dress to one corner of the room. She's already regretting saying 'yes' to coming. Parties really aren't her type of entertainment.

She forces herself to get out of her comfort zone, joining in with the shot games they were playing. For someone who smokes a lot of weed, she has a very low alcohol tolerance, almost on the verge of throwing up after a few swigs of the drinks, but she doesn't stop. She drinks until she feels her mind getting cloudy.

Her mind is hazy, everyone a blur in her eyes, but she manages to find the sofa to sit down. Her body plops onto the soft cushion, dissolving into the warmth of the seat. She turns her head to see Press staring at her but she doesn't say anything. She stares back, hoping he would be the first to look away.

"You're Kian's baby sister, right?" Press finally asks her, his speech slurring in Marigold's head. "What was your name again? Mary-Ann? Mariam? Or was it Mia?"

"It's Marigold and I'm not his baby sister," Marigold answers him, her mind trying to focus on his face. "We are literally twins."

The conversation doesn't get past that when Abby plops herself onto Press. Marigold knows that she's also drunk but she looks a whole lot better than what Marigold does.

"Get off of me, Whale Legs," Press grumbles to which Abby does but throws her legs over his thighs.

"Whales don't even have legs," Abby giggles, pulling her hat down her face. "What's up?"

"Yeah, but you know what I mean," Press says, looking away from Abby to stare at Samantha who smirks.

Marigold doesn't know what's going on but she doesn't even want to try to understand. It's their problem and she has nothing to do with it but she can't help but notice the sadness in Abby's expression when Press smirks back at Samantha.