7 ─── cry of hurt

𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦(you're somebody else, flora cash)

𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦
(you're somebody else, flora cash)

   "HOW LONG HAVE you been here?" Marigold speaks out, getting up from the floor.

"Enough to know that you're not okay," he says, standing up from her bed. "Come here."

Marigold, on any other day, would push him away and joke about crying over something so futile but today, she falls into Marcus Baker's arms, hoping he had the strength to carry her tears and pain away.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, Marcus. I am so fucking sorry for everything," Marigold apologises but in all honesty, she doesn't know why she's doing it.

   Is she sorry for the things she said to him last Saturday? Is she sorry for the fact that he always catches her when she's at her lowest? Is she sorry because she is not her brother?

   "There's nothing for you to apologise for. You're good," Marcus tells her calmly, his left hand patting her back soothingly. "Just let everything out."

   Marigold doesn't know how long she cries for exactly but when she pulls away from Marcus' chest, there's a patch of her tears seeped into his t-shirt. She sniffles and wipes her nose with her sleeves, embarrassed that she cried so freely to someone whom she really doesn't know all that well.

   "Why are you here, Marcus? Why are you always here when I'm literally having breakdowns?" Marigold asks, kind of glad that he always seems to be here to comfort her. "Do you get a signal or something? 'Marigold Moon is currently in distress. She needs an idiot to ask her if she's okay'."

   "Yeah, I guess," Marcus laughs softly, letting go of her hand. "First of all, I am not an idiot. Think of me as the person who wants you to be okay."

She smiles at him. She's never properly held a conversation with him when he and Kian used to hang out. They just didn't talk. These past few weeks have been the first time since Kian's passing have they ever talked to each other. Marigold always wondered if there was different set of motives at play. There's no reason for him to just suddenly keep tabs on his dead best friend's sister.

"Did someone put you up to this like in all those rom-com films?" Marigold sniffles some more, grabbing a few tissues from her tissue box. "'I bet you can't make that loser girl fall in love with you in a month' or some stupid shit like that type of thing?"