Coronation pt.3 (21)

Dream's Pov:

Once I got back to the main hall I joined Nick and George who were teasing me about Y/n seeing my face, I stayed silent with my mind flooding with questions.

Why did I help hide her? I could've just let her get caught. No, I hid her so I still had leverage, right?

After another 30 minutes-ish Eret was being crowned and then the dancing would start, I would definitely try to get away from that.

"Congrats Eret! How's it feel being in charge?" Nick yelled out to Eret as we approached him.

"Very good Nick, thanks again for the throne, Dream," Eret said with a professional voice which boomed through the hall. I nodded in acknowledgement.

"Oh Dream, I need to speak with you after. So if you could stay that would be great!" Eret said, I cursed under my breath before telling Eret I would see him then.

"This is bullshit, I wanted to leave early..." I mumbled as we headed towards an empty table.

Nick and George laughed at me as they took their seats, we all chatted for a while as the music was playing in the background with multiple people dancing along.

"Where's your girlfriend gone to? I wanted to see you guys dance around!" Y/n's mother said as she and her husband walked over, I looked further behind them to see Techno talking with Philza.

"Girlfriend?" Nick asked as he tilted his head towards me, I shook my head at him quickly trying to hide the fact that they were told Y/n was my girlfriend.

"Yes, she had beautiful black and pink hair, she was wearing a mask and this emerald green dress." She continued, I looked over at Nick and George and they had huge smirks placed onto their faces, oh how badly I wanted to smack it off them.

"Yea, she was feeling tired and decided to head back early," I said just as Y/n and I planned.

"Oh? I saw her head out with another man, you're aware correct?" I just nodded at her telling her that she was correct.

"I don't think you guys got to properly introduce yourselves?" I said bringing the conversation away from Y/n and I.

"Oh! My apologies, I'm Sarah Blade, and this is my husband Adam Blade!" I shook both of their hands before sitting down once again, they grabbed two chairs and brought them to our table sadly.

"So tell me Dream, when did you meet Nightmare?" I cringed at the question, I have to think of lies once again.

"Well, I've known her since I was about 14 I believe? My friends and I meet her all at the same time right guys?" I said as I nudged their knees under the table.

Thankfully they caught on and joined into the conversation, and tried to bring it towards themselves. "Yea I believe I was 12 at the time? George wasn't you like 17? He's getting old eh George?" Nick joked trying to lighten the mood.

Sarah and Adam just looked at Nick and gave him a pitiful smile before turning back to me. I had to try hard not to laugh at their reactions.

"I'm sure your girlfriend would love to come back to the party right? Why don't you go and get her? I bet she loves to dance." Sarah insisted making me cringe.

"I can go and ask her but I can't guarantee she seemed pretty tired," I said as I felt my face tense from being irritated.

"Be a shame if Claire and Clifton found out that their son has been hiding the fact he has a girlfriend..." Adam said as he leaned his head on his hand which was set on the table.