Insert 9:

Melusi

I watched as the car came back again. Two guys left the car and came back to me.

Guy1: sho Mjita (greeting)

Me: sho( greeting)

Guy: yazi sihamba sibekhe lo sisi?( we been looking for this woman) they showed me a picture of Kailani and I remember the brief that the boss had with all of us before about her. That if anyone comes by looking for her we say we haven't seen her.

Me: oh, am sorry bafo angikaze ngimubone.( I have never seen her) Give me the picture ngiyobuza abanye lakhaya maybe bamubonile. ( please give me the picture so I can go show the guys) He smiled that silly smiled and I walked to the guys.

Skhala: bafo(greeting)

Me: bafuna uKailani laba( they want Kailani)

Skhala: bazomenzani? (what they want from her?)

Me: nje uyazi ukuthi ubaas utheni?( you know what the boss said about her)

Skhala: sure bafo.( yes, I do)

Me: yah manje ngize la ngizoyenza ngathi ngiyanibuza so bazo hamba(I came here to make like am asking you so they can leave)

Skhala: kaze uyenzeni ugirl ngoba bemufuna kanje( I wonder what happened with her since they want her)

Me: ay nami angazi.( I don't know) Let me go back. I walked to the guys and gave the picture. "am sorry I gave the guys the picture and they have never seen this girl if they do, they will report to me and I'll call and let you know"

Kailani

The drive home was silence and I was in my thoughts thinking about my parents and the love they have for me and my mother never ending hope and faith.

Khaya: are you good?

Me: yeah, am good

Khaya: want to go out for lunch?

Me; no, I rather go home and sleep 

Khaya: okay. He was silent as we drove and I looked out of the window and watch as the trees were going down.

Khaya

Her silence was a bit too much. I knew she was thinking but am not sure what she was thinking about or what she was having doubts about. My Phone rang and I saw it was Melusi.

Me: yes

Melusi: they came again looking for her.

Me; okay have a look about and make sure there don't trespass and I'll be there in 30 minutes

Melusi: okay. He hangs up and right there a text from Siz came through with all the pictures of everyone in the cartel that I wanted. I replied to him asking me to get me a list of everyone that Jack have meet with in the past few weeks so I can track down Kailani buyer.

Kailani: I have been thinking. I turned my attention to her. And saw a frown on her face.

Me: yes?

Kailani: you family, have you told them about me?

Me: no

Kailani: what if this becomes a big thing and it involves them and they get hurt. I looked at the worry on her face.

Me: all this time you were silent, you have been thinking about my family?

Kailani: just that you have been good to me so I don't want anything bad to happen to your family and this is why am worried about them.

Me: I see. I kept quiet for a second absorbing that and as we drove and I saw she was getting restless playing with her fingers.

Kailani: am sorry

Me: for?

Kailani: all of this, you should have just left me there you know. I felt myself get angry with that remark but let it slide and just kept quiet.

Cape town

He walked back from his meeting and looked at the phone and saw that he still doesn't have a message from any of the guys or from Jack in regards to what happening. He walked closer to the portrait that he has of Kailani and looked at it drinking one of his most expensive whiskey.

"I have never seen such beauty in my life. You are mine and mine alone Kailani. I will kill for you and ill burn every single man that claims to want or touch you" he walked to the window and looked out to the ocean and closed his eyes with nothing but a picture of Kailani in his mind...