𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞

Maria heart aches. Her aunt has died. The only one who that she can call a mother. The one who she can trust to tell her secrets, who took care of her when she was ill, and the one who protected her from danger. Maria knows her dad is clearly upset about this matter.

He won't even get something to eat. Maria doesn't blame him, though. He lost his wife, who happens to be her mother, and a sister, who happens to be her aunt. It's just so heartbreaking. Even worse, how would past Maria find out her aunt died?

"Excalibur is busted and Morgana is... is... This never was supposed to happen. He groans, walking away from the window. Maria felt extremely bad. He was only trying to help and she knew she made it worse.

"You did what you thought was right." Past Archie said, trying to lighten the mood, however, Douxie wasn't having it. "And look where that got us. History's absolutely botched. I've led us astray."

"None of this is your fault. " Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at Maria, "But-"

"There's no buts and ifs! We all made mistakes but we got to get up and keep going!" It had looked like Douxie was about to say something else until the door busted opened, revealing Merlin.

"Camelot is in chaos and Arthur is without his blessed weapon to defend it." Merlin stated as if he was in a rush. "We already figured that."

"What's the big deal? Can't he just buy a new one?" Maria couldn't believe Steve asked a stupid question. Her hands turned to a ball, feeling the anger inside. "He can't just buy a new one."

"Without Excalibur, Arthur cannot lead Camelot to war against Gunmar. That includes Marianna herself."

Maria stared at Merlin with a shocked expression. During this time period past Maria would've been gone by now. Her thoughts snaped out as she heard Merlin talking, "Make ready. I must bring Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake."

"She's real?" Claire asked. Maria chuckled, replying to Claire's question, "She's definitely real, alright."

"You, gather up Excalibur. We ride." Merlin walks out, leaving the rest of the teens in the room. Things seem a lot happier but still very depressing.

*TIME SKIP*

"Chance to prove I'm an awesome knight, get a monster trophy, save the damsel, I'm in!" Steve yelled with excitement. We were riding onto Merlin's boat heading to repair Excalibur.

"Do you think Merlin's plan will work?" Claire spoke up, holding onto the book Maria's aunt Morgana had held. It was the grimoire, the one Morgana passed to her, however, Maria didn't need the use of it anymore and gave it back.

"I messed up the timelines. We've run out of options, and my choices haven't exactly worked out lately." Douxie replied to Claire's question, taking a glance at Maria then back at the ocean. "We can't make any more mistakes We have to trust Merlin this time."

"I just hope Jim made it out safe."

"I'm sure he's nestled safely in the bosom of friendly trolls.." Claire smiled. Everything was quiet for a while until Maria decided to speak up, "Hey Doux... I'm-I'm sorry, for everything." She managed to say out loud.

Normally, Maria hates saying, "I'm sorry" because it always sounded so weak and powerless. Though, at this moment, she had to say it. Claire noticed that Douxie and Maria might need to talk alone and went towards the other side of the ship, giving her a thumbs up.