-*𝕲𝖆𝖓𝖞𝖚

Adepti.

Human.

Beast?

She does not know which she is, so she settled on half each. She thought it would be fine to be both. She hoped for acceptance from others. She received none.

The streets are bustling with people, everybody is chattering happily, people gather at the harbour and send off their Xiao Lanterns. They write their wishes inside, they wish for it to come true.

Peace. Happiness. Luck. Intelligence. Love. Beauty, even. May the Geo Lord bless us and grant our wishes.

The girl they say named Changchang wishes for the swift return of her father, whom she misses. Ganyu first met her on the dock, running around. When Ganyu asked what she was doing, this was Changchang's reply. I'm waiting for Daddy. I've lost count of how many days he's been away now, I miss him so much...

She fingers the qingxin in her hands as she listens to the wishes of the people of Liyue. It is nighttime, and she stands on the harbour of Liyue, looking out to the vast sea. Beside and around her are the people of Liyue, everyone squeezing together and bumping into each other as they fight for a good view by the water. Most of them hold lanterns, their faces brightly lit with delight as they watch their lanterns float into the night sky.

The glittering lanterns in the sky reflects to the dark blue sea beneath. There are tiny dots of yellow and gold on the sea surface, and it is beautiful. No— stunning.

Then...

Bang.

Crackle.

A thin, golden thread of light rises to the sky and explodes into a thousand glittering stars. She watches as the fireworks bloom into blossoms of red and yellow and blue light amongst the stars of Celestia. The black powder of a firework, destined to shine its brightest colours to the night.

Yes. She thinks. It is truly magical.

Yet the fireworks are like a short-lived flower. It rises— blooms— and so, so, soon, it fades and falls back to the earth.

She watches, with a twinge of sadness, as those glittering lights fade and fall until they cannot be seen in the night. They have done their job, they have bloomed in their glory, and now they retreat into darkness, forgotten and useless.

The firework display ended, and still she fingers the petals of the flower in her hands. They are white, pure. The moonlight reflects off those dainty petals, and they glow a soft yellow. It is beautiful, she thinks.

She has enjoyed the show. She thought she did. But as she turned to walk back to her office in the Qixing, thinking about the work she had missed, she realizes— that even though she was surrounded by people, she was still as lonely as ever.

She looks up to the night sky and the twinkling stars, and a Xiao lantern appeared in her hands. She releases it into the sky.

"Ganyu."

She turns, the Geo Lord looks back. Behind Rex Lapis is Xiao, and Cloud Retainer in her human form, and Childe, the male from Snezhaya, and Ningguang and Keqing, the Tianquan and Yuheng of the Qixing...

"M-my Lord—" her eyes widen at the sight of the people, "what... is it—?"

"Ganyu," Rex Lapis' smile is warm, kind and welcoming, "would you like to join us for dinner tonight?"

- - - - -

High in the skies, a lantern floats. It is handmade and exquisite, and it flows softly in the night sky. And on the lantern, in elegant words, someone has written her wish—

Company.

- - - - -

YAYYYYYYYY