-*𝕲𝖚𝖎𝖟𝖍𝖔𝖓𝖌

She is the goddess of dust.

She has fought ferociously in battles, her strength and power may not exceed others, but her wisdom and bravery makes her the best ally Zhongli could ever find.

She was the only one Zhongli had ever called a best friend. Even till now, she is Zhongli's one and only best friend. However deep their bonds are, their friendship is dreadfully, sorrowfully, short.

- - - - -

"The Prince has come to attack our lands, and his army greatly exceeds ours in numbers. He has allied himself to the Lord of the Seas, who promises vengeance for his daughter's death by my hands." He stands in front of his army. He is wearing his full armour, his long, black hair tied back in a low ponytail. The tips of his hair is a deep amber, and the sun reflects off his dark hair, making it shine gloriously. His eyes are sad, still grieving the death of his former allies, and tired with the responsibilities he had unwillingly tied himself with. But even though there are none of the former shine in those amber eyes, they are determined. Zhongli is determined, to emerge victorious in the coming war.

And she stands beside him as he talks, her gaze drifting to him from time to time, admiring the curve of his chin, the way his eyes shift from a light amber to gold to somewhere in between.

"We will not loose. We will never surrender. We will emerge victorious despite the odds. This is my oath and promise, and I swear that I will honour it." His voice is strong. Deep, soothing, yet strong. He is the calm, cool rock everyone turns to for support. He is the shining, golden light that leads her out of her misery.

- - - - -

How...

Ichor flows from her wound as she staggers along the roads. Behind her, Guili Plains is in chaos. Gods, goddesses, their allies, adepti, beasts are all at war. Her Zhongli— the Lord of Geo, is out there, fighting for his people and for the peace of Teyvat. A vast plain of glaze lilies lies before her, and Guizhong quietly admired its beauty and elegance. Her golden ichor drips on the flowers as she walks by, and she presses a hand on her wound, desperately healing it.

But she wasn't powerful, her power could not mend the wound in time. She groans. She couldn't go to Zhongli for help, he was fighting, she did not want Zhongli to worry. She was on her own now. When she couldn't walk anymore, she collapsed onto the sea of white and blue flowers.

Zhongli...

I want him to be here with me, I'm sorry... I should not be selfish... yet I want to see you.

"Zhongli..." His name slips from her lips, and, lying in the flowers, she reaches a hand up to the sky.

The sun is bright and beautiful today. It is the perfect day for walk in the woods. The breeze is cool and calming today. It is the perfect day for me to read on my stool in the mountains. Where are you, Zhongli? I wish to enjoy this with you.

Why must there be bloodshed? Why must there be war? She curls her fingers, and imagines the sun in her hands.

Her hand thumps heavily to the grassy floor and she brushes by the glaze lilies. Her hands caress each and every petal of the flower. In the corner of her eyes, she sees them glittering and shining and blooming under the bright sun.

She remembers coming to this very field with her Zhongli, remembers planting the lilies and singing to the flowers and watching them bloom. She often comes back with him, and they would sit by them, cherishing every moment of peace they have. Often, he would be reading reports or maps. Often, she would sit behind him playing with his long, silky hair, or sit beside him, leaning into his comfortable warmth.