chapter two

'I, enyo daughter of titanus will not cower in the face of the enemy ' i repeat the mantra in my head while I stash the coins in my pocket as i walk out the sketchy bar , the streets were mostly empty , mourning the loss of their 'Great King' , the king who brought peace to the forgotten lands by killing the white witch and signing a peace treaty with the Red Lands by delivering my mothers head to them .

Two winters ago the king was found dead in his chambers leaving the lands in utter and complete shock ,they were scared , scared of what would become of them now since the king was dead .

But i .

i craved his blood, craved to see him writhe in pain as i steal his perfect rhythmic heartbeat ... and in the end i got it.

His eyes are my trophy which sit upon my fingers as a simple ring , no one suspected the quiet kid would kill the all mighty king , which meant one more was left .

His son .

Ares , a man loved by all ...

mostly women , the newly crowned king of Elysium .

"Enyo" lady Margaret , she was the woman who raised me after my father and mother had died that fateful day , she was the only one who volunteered to adopt me , her and mother had been close friends and she risked her reputation by taking the child of the white witch who cursed the "holy lands" ..

"Come dear it's freezing out there" she says as she leads me inside the familiar cottage .

"did you get it " her raspy voice calls out to me " I did " I say as i pull out the jar which was filled with strawberry jam " and that's why youre my favorite niece " she pats my head as she rips the jam out of my hand and heads towards the small kitchen " i am your only niece " I say as I head towards my room to change out of my wet clothes , smiling because of aunties antics .

"you better hurry darling or the food may get cold" she shouts , i quickly change out of my rubbish clothes and put on a simple flowy dress and pin my dark hair up , my small room was filled with drawings of different creatures, my aunt was severely concerned about my obsession with them but my fascination about them never flattered

"oh , beautiful, I just wish you would dress like this when going out and then perhaps you would find yourself a husband, " Margaret says as I walk out of my room .

" It's too hard to run in dresses and I like to sit on trees , I don't want to flash anyone " I say as I sit down at the dinner table and look at the fresh baked pumpkin pie .

"My favorite " i say as i cut a large piece and start munching on the deliciousness sitting on my hands

"oh Enyo darling " my attention is brought up at my auntie "yes "

"don't forget to get the mail tomorrow morning dear " she says as she leaves for her room .

After eating about two more slices of pie I retire to my bedroom for the rest of the night and dream of a world where magic isn't something to be frowned upon.