chapter 4 (slightly edited)

"y/n!" your mom yelled from behind the door, pounding on the door loudly and rapidly. that was enough to wake you up in a panic, so you made your way to the door without hesitation and unlocked it, letting your mom swing the door open.
"i'd like for you to take out the garbage, please." your mother informed before exiting the room shortly after, not exchanging any further words with you.

you walked to your dresser and put on clothes suitable to go outside, at least in the cold, then ran downstairs past your parents. you threw on a pair of converse, despite the snow not shoveled out of your driveway yet. you then took out the garbage as asked, which was behind your house near the road. your house was well secluded and somewhat hidden, always quiet.

you sighed, closing the recycling bin lid and starting the journey to walk back to your house. your head suddenly started pounding, and your vision went blurry. you cupped your ears and gritted your teeth in agony, fighting back the urge to sob there, so close to the street where it would have been visible to cars driving by right outside of the woods. was it because of Tim slamming your head against the tree twice? probably. your steps turned into stumbles and you groaned from pain taking over your very being. "y/n!" someone called from in the distance, somewhere you couldn't see.

you were unable to look up to see who called your name, so you gritted your teeth even more and squinted your eyes, trying to blink back your tears in order to see who called you. someone snatched your arm and started dragging you in the direction of your house. not long after, you fell unconscious under the person's grasp.

_

"y/n?" a sweet voice called from someplace nearby. that particular word caused you to finally wake up, blinking repeatedly until your eyes adjusted to the sudden light. you sat up on whatever you were previously laying on. a hospital? who took me here? you asked yourself in complete confusion. your shaking raised to your head, and bandage was now wrapped around your forehead. it still hurt, of course. but why hadn't it hurt earlier? your head only recently started aching again, which was unusual and strange, to say the least. what time is it? you shifted your gaze to the window, it was dark out, the only things illuminating the world beyond your hospital room were the streetlights that ominously lit up absolutely nothing but the poles they were attached to. luckily, a clock rested above the door, which read 2:45 am. click. the sound of a door opening pulled you out of your thoughts almost too fast that your head began to hurt again.

a nurse walked in with a tray of bandages and over-the-counter meds you had been taking for your constant headaches. the woman placed the meds on the hospital bed before tenderly unwrapping the bandages on your head and replacing them with fresh, new ones.
"thank you," you offered a weak smile at the nurse who gave you a soft grin and a hum in return, exiting the room straight after. you laid down on the hospital bed and closed your eyes. not to sleep, but to think. those three men you were unlucky enough to encounter. why didn't they just kill you?

you couldn't quite remember who they were, nor did you want to. but just what did they want from you? just then, a loud rumble interrupted your thoughts. what was that? you lifted yourself off of the hospital bed and tiptoed to the door, slowly twisting the handle until it creaked open. you meekly peaked your head out into the hallway. it was silent, scarily silent. carefully, you snuck down the hall and took notice of the emergency stairs in the corner of your eye. you speed walked towards them once you heard the sound of the nearby elevator open. there, as the doors opened, you saw the three men that had been looking for you. they never looked more terrifying.

holy shit, holy shit. you mentally cursed at yourself over and over again when the killers finally spotted you just barely. you dashed down the flights of stairs as fast as legs could carry you without falling, not stopping for a breath or to check for any doors. there was no time for that. once you reached what looked like the third floor, you threw open the door and slammed it on the men. another hallway. time to escape.