chapter 5 (edited)

the car ride back to the Proxy cabin was once again silent. it was now morning, but you were still asleep. you woke up at different times, but eventually fell back asleep. Toby admired the scenery of the fields and many trees passing them, still not wanting to bother you, who was just beside him, fast asleep.

    Tim turned up the radio and flipped the station over to the news, now that it was early enough to listen to.
    "-now back to Tyler, officers received a report at about 3 am this morning from [hospital name] in Lewis about a girl named [first name] [last name]. nurse Dana claimed three masked men entered the building, asking where [last name] resided. after the receptionists refused to let the masked men in, an axe was thrown at her, causing a sudden death. not long after, they proceeded on a rampage, killing nurses and numerous patients in the lower floors of the hospital, 58 in total. survivors of the attack claim the men were attempting to locate [last name] for reasons unknown and entered the elevator, quickly going up to the level she stayed on. as of 4 am, [last name] has been reported missing." a reporter explained. not long after, they described vague details of how the three Proxies looked, from witnesses at the hospital.

    the reporter then gave a loose description of how you looked. before hearing, Brian changed the station and turned down the volume. Tim glanced through rear view mirror and took note of you still sleeping, causing him to let out the breath he did not notice he was holding in. Toby's eyes still bore out the window, not in the mood to fight with Tim at the moment.

    within minutes, you woke up with a slight jump. your eyes traveled to where the two fully masked men sat in the front sat.
    "so sleeping beauty's finally awake?" the feminine looking masked one sneered, his comment obviously sounded intentionally rude.

    you simply ignored his jabs at you and turned back towards the window at your side, sneaking a side glance at the half masked man. two hatchets lied on the floor in front of him, dried red paint on the edges. what she hoped was dry paint.

"can I at least have your names?" you asked, voice wavering ever so slightly. you wanted to know who your captors were, so just in case you made an escape possible, you could describe to the police what they looked like and what their names were. the half masked man turned to you with bored eyes, twitching occasionally.
    "no," he caught eyes with you and stared. no words and no movements were exchanged. you were determined to beat him in the odd staring contest, but that was until the car came to a sudden halt.

    all three men adjusted their masks onto their faces fully and the one with a frown grabbed out a blind fold, passing it to the axe wielding one in the back. he reached out to you, ignoring your hands swatting him away, and tied it around your head and eyes quickly, before taking zip-ties from  his hands and putting them around your wrists, bounding them together. whatever hope you held for escaping was then crushed completely, stomped on by those monsters that held you captive. a low chuckle was emitted from in front of you as the car door opened and an arm grabbed you on yours.
    "don't try anything stupid. you know what happened the other night." he warned darkly. you didn't need clarification on what happened the other night, as you could remember so clearly.

    you mentally cursed at the killers nonstop as you were shoved along harshly into what seemed like the forest you almost had gone missing in. did your parents even notice your disappearance?  do they even care?

    one of the masked men cleared his throat and came to a sudden stop, causing you to nearly trip, but you were saved at the last second by the man which held a tight grip on your arm.
    "you want our names, yeah?" Tim recalled the moment from just minutes earlier. you nodded slowly and turned your blinded gaze to the front instead of looking at the source of the deep voice.
    "Masky," he introduced briefly with a grunt, pulling you farther into the forest while his partners followed close behind.
    "the twitching fuck is Toby." he spoke for the other man, words cut short like he did with his own introduction.
    "Hoodie's the frown fuck." he really likes saying fuck, doesn't he?