6

Ethan, James, Taylor, Abigail and the kids held each other as the rumbling of the building continued, before eventually stopping. Ethan opened his eyes as the room was now filled with dust, Ethan then stood up, as everyone followed suit. Coughing is heard as people had just inhaled some of the dust in the air. Ethan slowly approaches the glass door, that is completely covered in dust, and opens the door. As he walks into the streets people are seen leaving the buildings. The nearby buildings were certainly damaged, as some had broken walls, and collapsed ceilings, as fires are seen coming out of the buildings.

  While the street itself wasn't any better, cars were either crushed or flipped, the concrete was cracked, as parts were simply rubble. While now the Head of liberty is seen in a wall at the building next to our group. Some people who didn't make it inside in time were covered head to toe in dust, with minor injuries such as cuts on the arms or forehead.

 "What the hell was that?!" One of the men yelled as he spoke off the dust from his shoulder. The people began to shoot amongst themselves, trying to comprehend what happened. Abigail was holding her twins as tightly as possible from the fear from the situation, while Alice was sitting on the ground, simply trying to wrap her head around this as James comforts her. Taylor then notices that Ethan remained silent as he stared at where the building had collapsed.

 "Taylor?" Ethan says quietly.

 "U-uh, yeah?"

 "When was that article supposed to drop?"

 "Tomorrow evening," she tells him, she then shackenly asks…"why?"

 "Because Billy was right." Ethan goes over to the crowd. "I saw it, by the building it was a living thing that did this!" This draws everyone's attention, it was obvious they couldn't believe what he had just said. However, they can't dismiss what had just happened.

 "Are you sure Ethan?" Taylor asks him.

 "A tail went by the building before the collapse." He states. The people began to panic, unsure on what to do, if a giant creature is out there, what can they do now? People began to yell at each other trying to figure out what to do. James helps his daughter up before going to the crowd and yells catching everyone's attention...

  "Hey! If there really is a monster, it's still here! That means we need to leave now!" 

  "But where are we supposed to go?!" A woman shouts back. James tries to think of something before Abigail speaks up.

  "Brooklyn Bridge… that's the closest way out of Manhattan?" She tells the group. Everyone nods, agreeing on where to go. As some went back inside to get their stuff, while our main group started walking towards Brooklyn bridge. James and his family walk up front while Ethan and Taylor follow. Taylor looks at Ethan, who was still thinking about the monster from earlier…

 "Godzilla…" he mumbles, low enough for almost everyone to not hear, however one person did.

----

  They had walked two blocks towards Brooklyn bridge. On the way, police were seen setting up evacuations, as they walked by, an ambulance was seen putting a screaming injured woman into the truck. Lucy and Jake flinchs from the screaming woman and hug the sides of their mother tightly. 

 "Don't worry kids, we'll go out of here soon…" Abigail tells her youngest Children. While Alice slowed down a bit till she was next to her uncle.

 "Uncle Ethan?" She calls him as she starts to walk with him. Ethan then hums in response. "What's Godzilla?" She asks him. He looks at her, as he swore he was quiet enough for no one to hear.