No Trust

May Kings Shop

Gracie May was dealing with a rude customer who wasn't happy about how Gracie ran her shop "so you're telling me because I've worn this three times I can't bring it back" the woman shouted.

Gracie May has dealt with a few rude costumers but nothing like this woman "no you ripped the dress, I could fix it for you" Gracie May suggested "I can't resell it".

"I can't even fucking understand you" The woman slammed on Gracies counter causing Gracie May to flinch.

'God every single time' Gracie May thought to herself

"Miss please there's no need I try my hardest English isn't my first language, I can't resell this dress and if you don't like my rules please leave" Gracie May grew tired of dealing with ignorant people.

"Pathetic you are why even fucking start a shop" the woman shouted leaving her shop. Gracie sighed and placed her head in her hands.

After a while Gracie May closed up her shop "oh god I'm late" Gracie May ran towards Pols house with her caps.

She was meant to be at Pols at half five but it was now quarter to six, Gracie knocked on the front door waiting for someone to answer.

Soon Finn opened it smiling at the Swedish girl "hello" he said letting her in "thank you Finn hello to you to" Gracie said before walking towards the kitchen to find Polly and Thomas.

"I'm so sorry I'm so late there was this woman who I had to deal with" She started to ramble "it's okay Gracie sit down I'll make you tea" Pol smiled at her friend calming her nerves.

Tommy scoffed "right show me the caps" clearly not caring that Gracie had just had the worst day ever.

Gracie took the caps out of her bag and placed them on the table, "these are the caps I sell Tommy" she stated as she placed them in a line in front of the Blinder.

"Here love" Polly said softly handing Gracie May her tea "thank you Pol" Gracie replied as she took a sip of her tea.

"Okay I'll take these" Tommy pointed at the caps "all of them" Gracie questioned "yes is that not what I just said" he snapped back.

"Yes sorry" Gracie apologised placing her tea down on the table, Polly send Tommy a scolding look "right you can go now" he hissed.

"I'm sorry again for coming late I tried my best to close up the" before Gracie May could finish her second apology Thomas stood up and walked away "clearly not your hardest" he sneered.

The young girl felt guilt in her stomach though her being late wasn't her own fault "god I'm sorry Pol" she muttered putting the caps in an open press.

Polly shook her head "no need to apologise Gracie, Tommy is just a prick half the time and doesn't trust a lot of people".

"I know Pol but I know what it's like to not trust someone and it's not very nice" the girl trembled "I mean I'm sorry just ignore me".

Polly didn't understand why the girl apologised so much, she noted in her head to ask Ada maybe she knew.

"Gracie honestly it's fine" Pol reached out and held onto Gracies small soft hands. "Thanks Pol I mean it next time I won't be late" Gracie answered.

John walked in a few minutes later "want to go to the Garrison Flower".

Polly smiled at the new nickname "I don't know John I had a rough day at the shop" Gracie May replied politely "that's your excuse to drink" he laughed.

"I'm bringing Esme too that can be another friend for ye eh" John smiled "right fine I'll go but I need to get changed, I'm sitting in sweat".

"I'll come too, John tell Arthur we will be there in a few minutes and get our drinks ready" Polly demanded "right let's go" Polly put her arm around Gracies as they walked to her house.