The truth in the mirror

Story:4

  Once upon a time, there was a little girl who loved life, she was always playing, running screaming, shouting and doing whatever makes her happy... But the thing is that in her entire house there was not a single mirror

Once that little girl began to grow up, she wanted to make herself look pretty so that she would be the same as her friends.

However, she did not know how she would look like for she wasn't able see herself in the mirror. So she asked her father to get her a mirror in her room

Her father loved her so much and couldn't refuse to get her a mirror even though he knew that it wasn't good for her

So he did as she told him and got her a mirror and hanged it on the wall of her room. The girl was so excited and went to get dressed and prepare herself

She then ran and stood in front of her newly hanged mirror. And this was the biggest shock she has ever encountered. What she saw amazed her... she saw a not-so-tall girl, with only an average face, and a body that was not like her friends'. She saw a failed version of what she wanted to be.

She spent days and days weeping for her failure. She wanted to burry hurself deep in the ground and never go out again

She gave up for the first time ever in her life and it was her biggest disappointment

She was not like the rest. She wanted to be though, but she wasn't... After those dark days she's had enough, she wanted to change

She wanted to try again to be like the rest, she wanted to fit in, she wanted to be accepted. Therefore, she began to diet, exercise, put on makeup so that she would look like her friends.

She tried and tried again and for so many times! She could never succeed though. Why? She asked herself oh so many times

She never got the answer though, she kept trying and trying until she gave up all over again.

Her father was watching her carefully, and he was the saddest seeing his daughter so hurt

So he decided to take off that mirror from her room, because he wanted to lighten her pain.

What shocked him the most, was that his daughter did not argue, because she was that tired.

But even after he removed the mirror nothing changed, she stayed in her room and did not dare to go out and face the world.

He then came to her room and hanged the mirror again on the wall.

She asked him with curiosity about the reason he did that. And he told her that this was not a mirror, this was a board that would help him explain his thesis to her. He told her to come close and she responded as soon as she got that order.

As she stood there right next to her father, she felt so safe and secure, regardless to what her eyes showed her, her heart told her so.

Her father than said: "what do you think about your hair?"

She replied: "It's not as straight as my friend's nor as curly as my other's."

He then asked her: "And what about your eyes?"

She replied: "They're not coloured, nor big, nothing too special."

He asked her again: "and your mouth? "

She replied: "my lips are colourless, and my teeth aren't as straight as the other girls'."

He nodded then left

He continued to repeat the process for a few days, until one day, the girl's answers began to change. He began to smile more, and repeated the process daily for another week. By the end of that week, the girl's answers were completely different, she loved her wavy hair even with the dull colour and the few strands sticking out, she was satisfied with her round brown eyes because they allowed her to see beautiful things, and was in love with her lips that were full despite their lack of colour...

The girl loved herself because she was different, by the end of two weeks with her father, she learnt that she was to love herself as much as her father loved her, because this was the only thing that mattered.

The end.

Elxx