x

𝐭𝐞𝐧; 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

"𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝?"

××

THE TWO vampires had made their way in the northern part of Canada, placing themselves near Greenland. The viking's idea to put them as far north as possible was due to the reason the Volturi wouldn't be able to find them there. It was understandable to the two that Aro never like the cold that much, even though he couldn't feel it, hence the reason why he rather reside in Italy than any northern country. 

They had already established what they needed to do or really, who they needed to kill. Corin has become the base of their problem, structuring the entire Volturi with her existence and gift. If they were to kill her, then Aro would no longer have a chance in ruling or being in power. His own gift is interesting enough, but it never gave him power over any other vampire, because who would want to touch a creepy old dude? 

The only issue in starting their plan, is finding a vampire to do it with, then transporting them over to Italy without being caught. But it seemed as luck was on their side as (Y/n)'s shadows informed her of unknown vampire scent, her eyes narrowed for a quick second until her head ticked. "There's one near us." Without gaining a response from the king, the viking set off and chased towards the direction that shadows were telling her. 

Marcus did catch on quickly, sprinting right behind the woman but not keeping up due to her unnatural speed, even for a vampire, she had always been fast. The woman came in front of a vampire, feeding on the recently deceased human in his arms, most likely from a settlement not too far from where they are. Their eyes shot up, (Y/n) noticing that the newly turned vampire was a man. His eyes were bloodshot and of course planning on staying that way with the diet that he was pursuing, the man shot up, snarling immediately at the intrusion of the people that disturbed his dinner. 

(Y/n) didn't initiate any attack though, holding her hands up for a quick second, the opposing vampire narrowed his eyes but relaxed slightly. "Who are you?" He asked the two, his eyes placing themselves on Marcus as he just arrived. "I'm Veronica. This is my coven member, Derek." She responded, smiling lightly. "And you?" The vampire relaxed completely at this, his feral side increasing ever so slightly but attempting to keep composure. "I'm Shaun." 

"Newly turned?" Marcus questioned, an eyebrow raising. The man, Shaun, nodded and smiled lightly. "We can help you, if you'd like. Teach you, things aren't really monitored when you're a vampire, but it's helpful to have someone teach you how to kill inconspicuously." Shaun looked at the duo with suspicion, but he couldn't really say no. He had almost gotten caught killing the person beneath his feet earlier, so it would be helpful for someone to teach him how to eat properly. "Uh, sure." 

The viking cheered silently, it was too easy for Marcus and her to find a vampire and successfully persuading them. They would use Shaun as an easy cover, an easy trap, in order to kill Corin. 

××

It had only been a couple of months, since the duo had met Shaun. Neither had emotional attachment to the man, seeing him as a pawn in their game. Luckily, he had no gifts, meaning, it wouldn't mean anything if he were to perish. He had told them how his life was before he turned and who had turned him, at the same time, )Y/n) and Marcus had came up with fake backstories for their alter egos.

"V, how does going out in front humans help us?" Shaun looked over at the viking, head tilting curiously. "See, no laws. Meaning we can expose ourselves but some of us don't do that because we'd rather not get found out. But... we're going to use you as a distraction to kill some people, we'll save two for you of course." Marcus agreed with her, a smile appearing on his face as he devised his plan. "Yes, humans are always interested in things that are different than what they're used to." Shaun hummed in agreement. They had migrated over to Italy, their plan coming together, there are always Volturi guards posted around Volterra, even during the day.

"Alright, you ready Sha?" (Y/n) questioned the man, a smile on her face as she looked brightly at the man. "Most definitely, V. See you guys in a bit?" Marcus nodded and as did (Y/n), their coats had covered their faces, to where they wouldn't get spotted, as they watched Shaun step into the sunlight with his shirt off. He had managed to catch a couple eyes of the wondering humans, all stopping and pointing at his diamond like skin before looking at each other to see if others were seeing the same thing. 

Just a couple of minutes had passed by when three figures stepped in front of him, the duo recognizing them as apart of the Volturi. Shaun seemed to comply with them, thinking that these were humans, but (Y/n) couldn't help but see the clear panic on his face when he realized they weren't.

"Ready?" She muttered to Marcus, the man nodded, holding onto her arm as the shadows concealed them and followed along as one of the Volturi shadows. They were quick, pushing the man in front of them and entering through the many entrances of the Volturi. At that point, (Y/n) had dropped the shadows from following them, her eyes scanning around them till she knew they were safe. They appeared out of thin air, but (Y/n) was sure to have their scent covered, knowing they would be found quickly if she didn't. 

Commotion in the background of the palace bounced in the corridors, she had been following Marcus at this point, the man knowing where Corin would be, even if she was with the queens. Footsteps rounded the corner and the two hid, Caius came pacing up the stairs and into the tower that the two queens were held in. Just as quickly as he went up, was how quick he and the two women came down. "Aro says that he knows who put him up to exposing himself." 

"And who might they be?" Sulpicia interrogated, she had been locked in the tower with Athenodora for the longest time, she had wished she was told information at all times but with the way they were treated, she knew that wouldn't have happened. She might love Aro, but she never thought she would have to have her whole life stuck in a tower and sure enough, Athenodora felt the same way. "Marcus... and the viking, (Y/n)." Caius hissed their names, hatred filling his veins.

He knew that one day Marcus would pull a stunt like this and he resented him for it. How dare he disrupt the loyalty he had for Aro, and the loyalty others had for the gifted vampire, it was truly unspeakable. "The viking? I always liked her. Quiet but ruthless." Caius narrowed his eyes but hummed either way, leading the two queens away from their tower. "Corin stays." He hissed out, sending the woman a glare before leaving. 

The woman closed the door, the light from the other side of the door reflected a shadow from underneath it, (Y/n) smirked and gripped onto Marcus, sliding underneath the door from the woman's shadow, Corin being completely unaware. The two appeared behind her no time, the woman not knowing that the two vampires stood behind her, ready to kill her. 

"Corin." Marcus called her, the woman looking at him in no time, her eyebrows furrowed as she couldn't detect his scent nor the viking that stood next to him. Marcus sent a look towards the younger vampire, the (y/hc) woman sending a nod his way and immediately wrapped the opposing vampire in her shadows, trapping her. 

Corin struggled in the grip of the viking's shadows, finding no way to escape it. "Sorry it had to come to this Corin, but Aro needs to go down. And you're the root of the problem." (Y/n) said, a frown on her face as she looked over to Marcus, the man moved forward and swiftly took her head off, limbs following after. "Grab her torso, I'll get her limbs. We need to leave, Aro will find out soon enough." 

"Let's go then."

_________

sorry to say this guys, but there will only be a couple chapters left in this book...