𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧; 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭

"𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭."

××

AS SOON as the two vampires left the room that Corin was once in , they had heard shouting from the distance, Aro's voice was resonating throughout the empty hallways. "Where are they?!" The loss of power had affected Aro immediately, Chelsea had questioned her being in the first few minutes, dropping her ability from the others as she didn't feel the happiness that she wanted. Her head turned to Aro, a disgusted look forming on her face as she realized what she had been keeping herself into, knowing that she was using Corin's power as a form of drug to making her stay, but once cut off, she couldn't look on the coven as it was before. 

Chelsea had left the hearing first and because of that, Aro's most precious followers left after, Afton left with his mate, obviously seeing that she didn't want to be there, he was quick to follow after. Heidi took her leave after, noticing the hold Chelsea had on her was released and recounting the time that Aro had killed her entire coven previously. Due to Heidi leaving, Demetri followed after, much like Afton did with Chelsea, although they both knew they weren't each others mate, they had a sense of comfort between each other. Renata also took this as her time to leave and soon enough the other members of Aro's guard were leaving, causing his current outrage. 

However, the ones that decided to stay loyal were Jane, Alec, Felix, Santiago and a couple of replaceable guard members and of course, Caius.

"Find them!" He shouted to his guards, his eyes peering through his other king, Caius took this and nodded, motioning the Queens to follow him. But, Athenodora and Sulpicia weren't having it, since Caius never had any special ability, or showed any true sign of speed or strength, meaning the queens were able to escape from him and follow the others who were in the midst's of leaving. 

Jane and Alec, along with Felix and Santiago split up to search the castle. Due to the fact that they didn't have Demetri's tracking skills, it was a bit difficult but was more difficult was the fact that they couldn't smell the viking or the king's familiar scent. Aro had taken it upon himself in attempting to find the duo, but couldn't himself, resorting to finding his guard and conducting a plan of his own. 

"Since they decided to play dangerous cards, I'll play my own." Aro's eyes narrowed as he smiled evilly, his mind went to the Denali coven and the viking's mate, if they wanted to disturb the Volturi's power then he'll have to make it about her. "Go to the Denali's, get Tanya. If she doesn't come willingly, then force her." His guard nodded at him and left for Alaska in no time. The viking's eyes widened at the information that they overheard and left in the shadows that the guard held, taking Marcus with her. 

She dropped the man quickly, not wanting him to get caught but managing to mask his scent when she left him, the look on Marcus' face was one of pure concern and terror. He tried chasing after but was held back by the shadows the woman conjured, if she had to then she would be the one going down and Marcus could live and so would Tanya. 

××

Jane was quick to open the door, not caring for pleasantries, which earned growls from the entire household, Garrett and Kate standing forward while the others rushed to the front of the home. Jane released her pain grip on the two, making them fall forward, Felix and Santiago spotting Tanya immediately. The blonde looked at her sister and then to the guard that stood in her home. 

"You're coming with us, Aro has seemed to need your presence and if you do not wish to comply, you will be taken forc-" Jane was cut off, her head being torn off and her grip on Kate and Garrett was released. Alec let out a growl, his head turning to the subject that tore his sister's head off. Of course the boy was disheartened but he didn't show it as his own power let out.

But it didn't latch onto a single thing as he was faced with nothing, the body of his sister dropping to the ground while her head rolled slightly on the wooden floorboards of the house. Just as he was about to speak, his head was ripped off just as his sister's, Felix and Santiago not knowing what's going on, prepared themselves for the worst. 

"The worse thing about shadows, you can't touch them." A sinister yet familiar voice spoke throughout the household, the Denali's knowing exactly who it belonged to as well as Felix but Santiago stood questionably. Her figure appeared before Felix and Santiago, both men with wide eyes as they realized they couldn't move, the shadows having a grip on them. 

"You come for my mate, I come for your lives. You hurt my family, I hurt you. You seeing the problem here? After Marcus killed Corin, I expected both of you to leave the Volturi, especially you, Felix. But it seems I was wrong. But to give mercy... only one of you will be returning to Aro." The viking spoke with power, eyes glazed over with darkness, striking fear into both men, the lucky man was Felix as Santiago's head dropped from his body and his body falling down to the ground.

"Return the message to Aro. He's falling apart. And if I were you, Felix, you might as well leave too. Or face consequences. Your choice really." The man nodded and left the Denali's to relay the message as soon as he was released from the viking's shadow grip. 

None of the guard knew of her power's extent, only being showed what she had showed them and what Aro had told them, hell, even Aro had no idea. But now he would, Felix may have been one of Aro's trusted guards, but seeing as Jane and Alec were taken down so easily, he decided to play Italy and switch sides.

The viking took an unneeded breath and turned around, catching the younger woman who threw herself at her. The blonde's unruly hair brushed into the taller woman's face making her chuckle lowly. "Tanya, I'll be back. Okay? I need to finish this." Said woman shook her head, keeping her arms locked around (Y/n)'s.

(Y/n) looked over at the others in the room, silently pleading for help, which she did receive. "T, come on. She'll be back, she promised, remember?" Kate tried coaxing her sister but still got the same response. (Y/n) gripped her waist gently and tugged her away keeping Tanya in a close distance, her hands moving on the taller woman's face as she looked into her, now, red eyes.

"I don't want to lose you." It seemed as if Tanya released those words from her mouth over a hundred times, but she knew that she wouldn't stop saying it until she knew her mate was completely safe. "I'll be fine. Corin is dead, most of the guard has left. Aro is weakened. If I kill him now, it'll be over." The blonde nodded, a frown on her face but kissed her mate for one last goodbye till they would see each other again. 

But, it wasn't a goodbye kiss. Tanya had a better plan. "Let us go with you. If Aro is weakened, it'll help to have us. He'll be outnumbered." The viking shook her head, it was better for Tanya to stay away from the Volturi, where she would be safe and that the viking would know she is safe. "No. You stay here. This is almost over. That's final." 

Tanya didn't get a chance to respond as her mate left, her traces nowhere to be found, only the bodies of the most well feared guards. Her gold eyes went over the bodies before going over her coven mates. "We're going, aren't we?" Kate asked curiously, earning a nod from their coven leader. "I need to call Carlisle." 

"Then do it."

_________

:) hi.