7 | dragons

Harry's nerves were beyond wrecked. Hermione did her best to help him with the charm so last minute but he was afraid that maybe he was beyond help. If he didn't succeed, he was so screwed.

"Three of our champions have now faced their dragons and so each one of them will proceed to the next task," Dumbledore announced and Harry felt the color drain from his face. "And now our fourth and final contestant."

Harry entered the arena and the crowd cheered on. He saw the egg and made a run for it because he didn't have any other option. The dragon appeared and he retreated behind a rock before the dragon could light him on fire.

"You did get him to do it right?" Abigail asked Hermione anxiously. If anything happened, Abigail would never forgive herself.

"Well...mostly," she frowned before she looked down at a stumbling Harry and shouted, "Your wand, Harry! Your wand!"

Harry looked up at the reminder and pulled out his wand. "Accio Firebolt!" he exclaimed and the crowd looked on to see what he was shouting about.

Abigail waited anxiously when eventually the Firebolt came whizzing through the air and landed in Harry's hand. She let out a breath of relief.

The boy mounted the broom and started to fly off. The dragon bursted through the crowd and everyone looked on in shock as it broke the chain it was tied down with.

"Bloody hell..." Abigail muttered as she stood up and tried to get her eyes on Harry.

"He'll be fine," Hermione tried but it sounded more like she was trying to convince herself more than Abigail.

The crowd was dead silent as they awaited the boys return. Harry flew toward the crowd and everyone erupted in applause. He flew straight for the golden egg and successfully snatched it from the dragon.

Abigail let out another breath of relief and rubbed a hand over her face. The Gryffindor's flooded from the bleachers and down to Harry. The Weasley twins raised him up on their shoulders as Harry held up the egg.

She made her way down the bleachers, far behind all of her eager classmates. Harry caught her eye and his once elated expression dropped. She sent him a tight smile and he returned it with an equally as weak one.

Dear Abigail,

Snuffles informed me that you and Harry are at a bit of a crossroads with each other. Is everything okay? If there's something going on, know that you can talk to me.

There's no news on my end about who put Harry's name into the Goblet of Fire. If you hear anything, let me or Snuffles know but whatever you do, don't after them or try to solve this on your own. Last year you got lucky and I guarantee it won't end well.

Write again soon.

With Love,

Your father

"Look at this!" Hermione shrieked, pulling Abigail from her thoughts. "I can't believe she's done it again." She showed the three of them her copy of the Daily Prophet, "'Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report is none other than the Bulgarian bon-bon Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow.'"

Abigail snickered at this but made no move to comment as a fellow Gryffindor approached them with a package, "Parcel for you Mr. Weasley."

"Thank you Nigel," he nodded and Nigel stayed put, staring at Harry. "Not now Nigel. Later. Go on."

Nigel then left and Harry turned to him in confusion, "I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph." He opened up the package and frowned, "Mum sent me a dress?"