Chapter 5

- Imagine, today we are sitting on these sofas for the last time,- Betty said sadly, stroking on a little shabby red sofa in the student break room, on which they had been sitting for all these three years. This was where Jughead, Archie, Betty and Veronica gathered to talk after lunch in the school cafeteria. - I can't even believe that tomorrow evening we have a graduation party.
- Oh, B, did Jughead get that sadness? He said the same thing today in the cafeteria, about how he will miss school food, - said Veronica.
- And I'll miss my school team, the bulldogs, - Archie said with a sigh.
- And you go there, although I will miss the foxes very much ...
- I'll be V too, and I'll miss our school newspaper «Blue&Gold». Speaking about this, Jug. Mr. Honey told me yesterday that we need to pick up all our things from there today.
- Then after the last lesson, will we meet there? - Suggested Jughead, sitting in an embrace with his redhead, who this morning on the last day of school decided to put on his favorite blue and yellow letterman jacket.
- Agreed,- Betty managed to answer before the bell for the lesson rang.

- Hi, your box is over there, - Betty pointed to the floor where she stood when Jughead walked into the office of their school newspaper, which they had been managing for the past three years. - Didn't Archie call for help?
- No, he decided to wait for me in the schoolyard. By the way, where is Veronica?
- She also said that she would be waiting for me in the schoolyard, she said so that I could properly say goodbye to this place, - answered Betty's question, packing things in a box, but then she saw:
- Jug look, - she pointed to the leaflet of the newspaper. - This is our first issue of the newspaper.
  Jughead stepped closer.
- Yes, we were still worried about how others would appreciate our first number. - He sighed. - It feels like it was just yesterday.

Archie sat at the table in the schoolyard, where on the first day of school he showed his first written song to Betty, Veronica and Kevin. He remembers how worried then, because then, Archie dreamed of becoming a musician and did not want to do anything except music, and judging by the words of Mrs. Grundy, he was good at it, but now Archibald understands that then it was just a hobby, which, alas, was not destined to grow into something bigger.
  Archie pulled his headphones out of his pocket and took out his smartphone in order to turn on the music, when suddenly he stopped his eyes on the wallpaper photo on the smartphone, which Betty sent him this morning, where Archie and Jughead were captured in a kiss, sitting yesterday in Pops, together with B and V. He smiled rather, he really really liked this photo, but then Andrews out of the corner of his eye saw Veronica sitting down to him.
- Nice photo, - she said with sincerity. - I didn't disturb you?
- No, Ronnie. I just thought a little.
- About what, Archie?
- Do you remember this place?  This is my first time here ... - He showed his written song, of course I remember that. It's just a shame you gave up this activity, - Lodge said with a sigh.
- Yes, but now I am into boxing and I really like this activity. Are you waiting for Jughead?
- Yes, and you seem to be Betty?
- Uh-huh ...
- Ronnie? Archie looked at her as she lowered her head, tears spilled from her eyes.
- I can't do this anymore, - she said to herself, and the next second pressed herself to the warm lips of the saffron milk cap, who wanted to move away from her, but then:
- Archie...? Jughead's voice came from nearby, with a box full of stuff from the office of the school newspaper, along with Betty. His eyes filled with tears.

- All right, Jughead, I got it all together, and you? - Betty looked at him, who, meanwhile, was sealing a box of things with duct tape.
- That's it.
- Then we have to go. The longer we say goodbye to this cabinet, the harder it will be for us to leave. Let's just get this over with. - Betty headed for the exit, but before that she once again cast her eyes around the office, which for all these years had served as a place to help solve some of Riverdale's mysteries.
- I'll miss our school newspaper «Blue&Gold», - Jughead threw those sad words before leaving the office with his now best friend. Betty looked at his sad face with understanding, because she herself wanted to say these words, but Juggie got ahead of her.
  Jughead and Betty went out into the backyard of Riverdale High School, immediately feeling the incredible heat on the street from the scorching rays of the sun.
- Here's V and Archie, - Betty waved her head towards the table, over which there was a tree, whose branches created a shadow, saving at least a little from the standing heat. "This is exactly the table where Archie first showed us his written song," Betty said, plunged into fond memories. - Surely they also say goodbye to such an iconic place for us.
  Meanwhile, the former editors of the school newspaper were approaching Archie and Veronica, who entered into an emotional conversation, when suddenly the lips of the brunette approached the lips of the red-haired guy.
- Archie ...? Jughead spoke softly, but loud enough for Archie to hear. In that short moment, he felt a feeling of emptiness and as if the earth was leaving under his feet, and what happened next to him was indescribable. Jug had never experienced this before.
  The blonde with the ponytail stared at the scene in shock. At that moment, she was speechless from what she saw.
- My little Juggie? - Archie looked with a confused face at his boyfriend, whose eyes were slowly filling with tears and at the same second rushed to him, leaving Ronnie behind him. - This is not what you thought !!! - The redhead shouted to his boyfriend, who threw the box and began to walk away.
- What are you doing, V?  - With a sizzling look, asked Betty.
- I... I... it happened by accident. I don't know what came over me, - Veronica covered her face with her palms. Only now did she realize what a stupid thing she had done, because she knew that Betty and Jughead could come at any moment, but at that moment she was guided by feelings, not sanity. Although understandable, Ronnie loved Archie with all her heart and it was only a matter of time. Sooner or later, Ronnie would have kissed him and tried to restore the relationship between them.
  Jughead was heading out of the school. Tears ran down his cheeks, which from time to time he wiped off with his hand. Jones very rarely cries, rarely in his life there are unsettling situations, but today this is exactly what happened to him.
- Wait, Jug, - Andrews caught up and turned his face to him. Jughead struggled, he didn't want to talk to this man again. - Let me explain everything to you!
- I don't need to explain anything. I saw everything with my own eyes, - Jughead tried to say with a confident voice, but the storm of emotions going on inside him stood out in his voice. - Let me go!
- No, first listen to me. Ronnie kissed me first, I wanted to immediately pull away, but then I heard your voice. - He looked tearfully into Jughead's eyes, holding his hands on the cheekbones of a guy who was also crying, but tried with all his might to stop doing it. - Understand Juggie, I do not love her, I love only you, my smart and slightly eccentric guy. Do you believe me, Jug?...
- Jughead! - Shouted the cheering Veronica along with Betty. - It's my fault. I kissed him first. Archie has nothing to do with it.
  Jughead continued to hug the crying redhead, but raised his eyes to the girl he had trusted until recently.
- Why did you kiss him?
- Because I still love Archie. I tried to forget about him, but nothing worked. It's just that when we were alone today, it seemed to me a great chance to get our relationship back, but only now I understand what stupidity I did and almost ruined your relationship.
Jughead listened silently to Veronica's confession. Now it is exactly the case when you need to objectively assess the situation, and not rely on emotions.
- I understand you, - said Jughead a little later to Veronica, who was standing next to Betty. He understood her perfectly, because if you think a little, then anyone in her place, who had even the slightest hope in his soul that everything could be as before, would have done the same. - You are not to blame.
- Do you really think so? - Asked with a slightly shocked voice Ronnie, coming closer with Betty to the guys standing next to each other.
- Yes, - Jughead lifted his sad boyfriend's head, looking into his brown eyes. - Archie? Sorry I didn't listen to you from the beginning. If I had listened before, then now nothing of the kind would have happened. Forgive me .. - The guy in the hat did not manage to finish, as the lips of the redhead pressed against his lips. Jughead's fingers were slowly lost in red hair, a little wet from the heat standing on the street, slightly sagging from the pressure of Archie's passionate kiss, whose hands dropped and clamped the soft ass. A second later, Jughead felt his boyfriend's erect cock quickly awakening in his abdomen, who apparently wanted more than a simple kiss.
  The guys continued to kiss, forgetting for a while about B and V and the situation that just happened to them.
- We'll arrange a sequel tonight, - Jughead said, pushing his wet lips away from the kiss with Archie.
-Okay, - Andrews agreed with a satisfied grin, before that he kissed his boyfriend again.
- All of you? - Asked with a smile, Betty, when she approached with Veronica to them, who had all this time been eyewitnesses with an approximate passionate kiss of the guys.
- Oops, - the guys were embarrassed, remembering the presence of the girls already standing in front of them.
  Seeing the drooping Veronica, Jughead, without further ado, walked over and hugged her. She buried herself in his chest. Ronnie was glad that he was able to understand and forgive her, as recently Veronica was able to forgive the betrayal and Archie's relationship with Jughead.
  Then Jughead smelled the familiar scent of Betty's peach perfume and the familiar scent of Archie's male shower gel as they walked over and hugged them from above all together.
  They stood there for a few minutes before leaving home without a word.