Chapter 3

“Where is it?” Ryan told himself. “Did you find an exit yet, Greninja?” The Greninja shook his head, resulting with a groan from the trainer. “No luck either, huh?” he said. “And our only source of light are these mushrooms.” Returning his Greninja back to his Pokeball, Ryan tossed out another. “Corviknight, try and scout this forest until you find an exit, okay?” The Corviknight nodded before flying away as Ryan continued to search for a way out.

“Why do these mushrooms have to be the only thing that glows here?” Ryan complained. Then, an Impidimp came out of one of the mushrooms and snagged Ryan’s belt. “What the-” he shouted, before noticing that the Impidimp had his Pokeballs with the belt. “Hey!” Ryan grew frustrated. “Come back here you little-” The Impidimp just ran off, leaving Ryan to chase it in a frustrated matter. “That’s it! You’re going down even if I don’t have any Pokemon!”

Meanwhile, on another side of Glimwood Tangle was Kyle, who also wasn’t having the best of luck. ”You can come out now,” he said quietly. Instead of usually jumping out of the bag when no one was around, Kyle’s Umbreon stayed there, shaking. “Guess I’m outta luck,” Kyle sighed. As he wandered throughout the forest, Kyle heard a yell from the same area, causing the bag to shake more. “Bree!” the bag cried fearfully. ‘Yeah, there’s no chance at all that Umbreon’s gonna come out now,’ thought Kyle.

Upon wandering more throughout the forest, a Corviknight flew right above Kyle’s head and towards the direction of the yell. “Bre!” the bag peeped. “Don’t worry,” Kyle reassured. “I’m going to handle this quickly so no need to be scared.“ The bag still shook violently as Kyle went down further in the path the Corviknight went.

“Haha!” Ryan laughed. “I gotcha now!” Ryan had cornered the Impidimp near a ledge in the forest. “Now if you can PLEASE give me back my belt, I’ll forget about this.” The Impidimp didn’t listen and tried to get past Ryan, failing to do so in the process as Ryan grabbed it, stumbling forward as he did so. “Oh no you do-ooooon’t!” Ryan yelled, falling down.

“Bree!” Kyle’s Umbreon jumped out of the bag and began to run off. “Bre! Bre! Bre!” “Wait!” shouted Kyle. “Nothing here is going to hurt you!” The Umbreon didn’t listen as she just kept on running, until she jumped off the ledge. “Breeeeee!” Kyle’s Umbreon echoed. “Wha-” Kyle was taken back. “Wha-what just happened?” It took some time for Kyle to process the event, before the tears started rolling. 

‘Is this the end?’ Ryan thought as he descended down with the Impidimp. ‘Is this how my journey ends?’ The same salty water started to appear for Ryan too, but his was different. Compared to the one that was just sad, Ryan was infuriated instead.

“AAAAAAH!” both screamed. “I hate myself…” mourned Kyle. “I hate you!” cried Ryan.

The moment was a blur as the two couldn’t tell what was going on and by the time both regained their senses, they couldn’t recall what happened. Both trainers were face-to-face with tears, worried looks surrounding them. Kyle’s Umbreon had tears as well and all of Ryan’s Pokemon were out; Greninja, Jolteon, Corviknight, Noibat, and Polteageist all had a concerned look on their faces, along with a different Pokemon as the Impidimp wasn’t around anymore.

“Hey,” a voice spoke out. It was Josh with a different form of both his Dottler and Sizzlipede, as well as a Beedrill and Ribombee. “Are you guys okay?” Josh asked nervously. Kyle and Ryan both nodded, wiping away their tears. “Do you know what happened?” asked Kyle. “I don’t know what happened.” “Yeah,” Ryan murmured.

Taking a deep breath, Josh prepared to tell the pair the event. “You were all by yourself crying about something,” said Josh. “I couldn’t tell what you were crying about, but when I came by, a Corviknight flew up the ledge with Ryan, a Morgrem, and your Umbreon.” “So that’s it, huh?” Ryan said. “It was probably a pain to see us in that state. And you saw my entire team too.”