Chapter 1

The picture is of the original drawing that I did, that inspired me to write this story. There is a "sequel drawing," which goes along with the last part, so I'll show that then. Here's the first part! Enjoy! 

(Oh gods, I've improved in the few months since I made this so much. The face shape is so unrealistic. And the proportion is kinda messy. I'm sorry if it looked like I glorified this drawing and its sequel.)

I stood in the clearing of the forest, feeling the cool breeze counter the heat of the mid-afternoon sun. I had put away my dagger, as that day's hunting was over.

As I stood there, facing the sun, I thought about how I had come to be in that clearing, after spending the day hunting. Not too long ago, I was just another village girl, the daughter of a basket weaver. Then, my uncle came to visit.

He was a weathered old man, covered in scars, weapons, and jewelry. Uncle Venandi, despite his appearance, was a jolly man. During his year-long stay, he would often joke around, and teach the village children to play the lute, and maybe a short tune on his hunting horn, fi they were lucky.

It all started when Uncle Venandi asked me a life-changing question that if asked again, I would answer the exact same way.

He approached me as I was by the river, a cool, bubbling brook or a river, filling a pot with water, and asked me,

"Sagitta, would you like to embark in my line of work?"

Venandi was a hunter. He had brought many animals from the forest to the village, and now we have plentiful stores for winter. However, that wasn't the reason I answered the way I did. 

Venandi had many amulets, pendants, and other jewelry, each representing an accomplishment. Many a day he would spend in the village square, telling stories of how he would fight off fantastical creatures, from hydras to chupacabras. He even showed us the claw of a manticore, whittle into a water horn!

I wanted to have an exciting life. Like that. So I stood up, forgetting the pot I was filling, and said,

                      "When do we start?"

How was that? Any suggestions, spelling, or grammar errors? Just let me know, I won't be rude. I'll try to update soon, it just needs to be typed up, it's already written.

Thanks for reading! 

-Cat =^.^=