Chapter 2

Chapter 2 out of 3, plus the epilogue! Here we go! 

-----------------------------------------

       He started by spreading out a large variety of weapons. "First off, you need to choose your main weapon. You will have others; it is essential for hunting...creatures. Your main weapon, however, is what you will use the most. It will be your go-to weapon, and you must have complete mastery of it. The first step to this is choosing. Choose the weapon that calls to you."        

       I had no idea what he meant. How could a weapon call to me? It wasn't even alive. 

        That was before I saw it. A beautiful bow, carefully carved with swirls and designs, and made of a rich, dark wood. It had a matching dark leather quiver full of perfectly-made arrows lying next to it. 

       I walked toward it in a daze, as if a magnet was drawing me to it. When I picked up the bow, a surge of what could only be described as magic when through me. Venandi must have been able to tell, because he said something I will remember for the rest of my life.         

"There is magic in the hunt, if one only knows where to look."

       "Now, let's get started. It's clear you already have a strong bond with your bow, so let's train with that before moving on to other weapons, like daggers."

        He then proceeded to show me how to hold and shoot the bow, which I didn't surprisingly, need much practice at. 

        It was as it the weapon was made for me. I was a natural. Venandi explained that was part of the magic of the main weapon. I was also good at using daggers, but nowhere near as good as I was with a bow. I was also hopeless at using the bow's relative, the crossbow. It seems I could really only work with the older-fashioned one. 

       We trained a little with other weapons until the sky grew darker as night came upon us. Venandi talked through everything with my parents, and they took it well. They were happy for me, and gave me their support, with quite a bit of convincing and promising to be careful. It was hard to convince my over-protective parents to let their only daughter handle dangerous weapons! I assured them I could handle it. Then, they handed the reigns over to my uncle, and that was that.        

       It was official. I was now a hunter-in-training. 

Welp, there we go! Second chapter! Woo! 

SORRYYYYYYYY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR FOREVER!

I probably won't update again fro a while. SORRY AGAIN!

Please give me feedback and correct any mistakes you find, I won't mind! 

-Cat =^.^=