EPILOGUE

"Basty"

"Hey!"

"Basty, wake up!"

I heard a voice... a familiar voice.

Is she alive?

I opened my eyes. Bel's smiling face greeted me.

I hurriedly got up to give her a hug. My tears were quickly streaming down my face.

"O', ehmm Basty, be happy hmm—promise me," she said with difficulty.
She caressed my hair, which made me cry even more.

I can't...

"How? I miss you. I love you! Please, come back to me. I'll make it up to you, please. I love you, wifey," I pleaded.

"It feels so good to hear those words... but I'm sorry, I can't," she said, struggling to speak and hiccupping. "Even though I want to be with you longer... it's not possible."

"Fight for me, please!
I want you to come back.
I'll soon be a father, right? Our baby is in your womb, right? I can't wait to meet our little angel... Let's—"

"I'm sorry, Basty, I lost our child," she interrupted, hiccupping.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant? Why? Why?"

"I was late. I was planning to tell you, Basty. I assumed it would be a surprise you had prepared for me. Thank you! I was really surprised... I saw you and Lira."

"We were talking."

"And hugging."

"That was a goodbye hug. We were just clearing things up between us. I realized that I can't live without her anymore. I love you already. You saw us at that time... I was about to surprise you with the good news."

"Good news?"

"That she had already given me to you. I'm all yours...
I prepared everything. I thought you would be happy, but... you suddenly ran away, wifey."

"I'm sorry," I said, hiccupping.

"Please, come back. I will do whatever you want, please..."

"You know what? That is impossible, I can't. But thank you. At least I will rest happily knowing that you loved me."

"Wife."

"I'm sorry if I'm gone. I'm sorry if I lost our child. I'm sorry."

"No! I should be the one apologizing for everything I did. I was stupid! Sorry."

"Even before you asked for forgiveness, I had already forgiven you," she said, smiling while her tears fell. "I will watch over you. Always remember this... I loved you until my last breath," she said, hiccupping and sobbing.

"I'm sorry, huh? But I can't grant your wish. Thank you for the seven days we spent together. You loved me even for just a short time, but for me, it was a long time. The best memorable days."

"Don't say that word. You'll come back."

"No, I'm tired. I want to rest. Don't worry, I will always watch over you—all of you. Tell them that I love them and thank you. I will carry the memories you gave me—Basty. Thank you so much. Oops—you need to wake up, they're waiting for you."

"I can't."

"You can."

"Why—" I hiccupped, "wifey? Seven days to love and lose you?"

"That's fate."

She approached me and kissed me. She hugged me tightly, then looked at me with tearful eyes.