⇝ Chapter Two ⇜

_______________________
Two

❀ Chapter 2 ❀❝Your parents would be so proud of you❞_______________________

Chapter 2
Your parents would be so proud of you
_______________________

Mr T seemed so proud of Gracie as she informed him of her passing grade. He of course showered the 26-year-old with gifts as he gifted her with expensive equipment she would need for her internship. He knew the young girl had barely any money and he wanted to be sure she was comfortable and had everything she needed for her next step in the future. Mr T's family had all pitched in and put money forward for the gift. Even Mr T's youngest son had got some shoes for her so that she wasn't left with the old, torn sneakers she had since she left foster care. The old sneakers she had was beginning to get a few holes and the soles were run almost dry.

A large dinner was prepared for Gracie that night, with all of the family around to celebrate. "Your parents would be so proud of you, darling." Mr T's wife stated as she handed some mashed potato's towards her. Grace took the large bowl as she scooped some of the delicious food onto her plate before handing it over to Jason, Mr T's oldest son who treated Gracie like his own younger sister. "We know we are," Jason stated, taking the bowl before smelling the mash. "Always perfect, ma." He complimented, scooping the mash onto his plate before handing it off to his sister. "Suck up." She scoffed as she took the bowl.

Gracie smiled around at the family she called hers. She was so grateful to have met them and be welcomed with open arms by them all. Mr T's daughter was so happy to have met Gracie. She was just happy to have a sister.

"So when do you start the internship?" Mr T asked as he handed some sausages over to Gracie. "The first week when the holidays are over. They emailed me this morning, congratulating me on my results and saying they are looking forward to having me." Gracie informed the family, smiling with glee as Mr T laughed. "They better," he chuckled, taking a bite of the mash guiltily as his wife smacked him with a hand towel. "They're getting the best student there is. Top of the class with the best grade anyone has seen."

Mrs T set the peas on the table, knowing the red-haired girl had a dislike of peas during her stay in foster care. One family had forced Gracie to eat every pea she was handed every night. The family seemed to loved peas and had them every breakfast, lunch and dinner. And if she didn't eat all her food, she was sent to bed with no dinner the next night. Mr T and Gracie could reminisce on the family and always called them the pea brain family.

"Let's say our Grace and finally dig in." Mrs T announced, grabbing her husbands hand and Gracie's as everyone joined hands, bowing their heads. "Grace." Jason cheekily called, looking up before Mrs T gave him a snack with the hand towel sitting on the table before everyone became serious and Mrs T began. "Thank you, Lord, for the food on this table. We thank you for bringing this beautiful girl into our lives and blessing her with her presence," Gracie smiled at her words as she continued. "We pray her next steps in the future are blessed and that you take care of her. Thank you for my family who sits before me and thank you for blessing me with each of them today. Amen." The family followed with a chorus of 'amen's' before they all looked up and began the feast.